AuthorTopic: I can't draw hands.  (Read 6380 times)

Offline Savaril

• asdf
    • View Profile

Re: I can't draw hands.

Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 03:41:33 am
You might want to change the name of the game....

http://www.terragaming.net/

Unless you created that.

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 12:41:47 am
Even with some extra details, I still think this would be better without pixels. Will be faster too if you plan on doing a lot of people. Pixels are great, but they have their place and I dont see it here. Not trying to be an ass, but I don't see how you could efficiently apply enough detail at that size and the details like AA DO matter at the size your working with. Like I said before, the lack of AA doesn't look good and actually reduces the quality of your template. If you were working with something like vectors you could play with the width of lines around curves and a bunch of other stuff. And vectors make simpler stuff like this look hot.

EDIT:probably to will
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 12:46:26 am by crab2selout.png »

Offline Souly

• Killer of threads.
    • View Profile
    • Punkys Portfolio

Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 12:52:05 pm
You might want to change the name of the game....

http://www.terragaming.net/

Unless you created that.
That game is called "Terra World"
They didn't create the name Terra. :/

Even with some extra details, I still think this would be better without pixels. Will be faster too if you plan on doing a lot of people. Pixels are great, but they have their place and I dont see it here. Not trying to be an ass, but I don't see how you could efficiently apply enough detail at that size and the details like AA DO matter at the size your working with. Like I said before, the lack of AA doesn't look good and actually reduces the quality of your template. If you were working with something like vectors you could play with the width of lines around curves and a bunch of other stuff. And vectors make simpler stuff like this look hot.

EDIT:probably to will
I can't use vectors for this.
I need crisp transparent layers, I can't do that with vectors due to the auto anti-aliasing.
So the images being layered will look fucked, so the only way to make them look good is to pixel 'em. :/
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 12:53:38 pm by Souly »