AuthorTopic: Creativity Issues  (Read 7767 times)

Offline dragonrc

• View Profile

Re: Creativity Issues

Reply #10 on: March 12, 2007, 07:43:58 pm
If I've no inspiration, I just sit back and listen to music. It really works

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: March 12, 2007, 08:40:14 pm
I do three things.

Stock up ideas before falling asleep. I'm one of those people that lay down and suddenly am more awake than when I was walking around. So I sit there and think of images to create. Last night I completed three watercolor paintings in my mind, but the problem is that I only remember one. Usually if I just focus on an idea and constantly repeat to myself that I should remember it, I will. Sometimes I'll sketch them out the next morning quickly, give a visual reminder of the full idea at the least, but I usually don't and lose the thought completely. I should start just sketching them all down and completing them when I have a block.

Walk around town. I don't do this much, now that it's -20 degrees out, but listening to Belle and Sebastian and walking around downtown for half an hour or so always rejuvenates some creative spirit somehow. I don't come back with any thought of what I want to make, but I do return with the need to create. Nearly doing anything physical will help me, but walking is just the more enjoyable choice. Sometimes going to work, shoveling snow, or driving around to do errands helps.

Listen to music that evokes a single specific feeling. A couple nights ago I listened to a lot of nostalgic stuff, followed by a lot of upbeat post-punk, which seemed to help me get in that creative mood. Other times I'll find that classic rock, ambient, turntablism, and on the rare occasion, even some electro industrial will help get my mind working again.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 08:42:14 pm by Blick »

Offline setz

• View Profile
    • splixel

Reply #12 on: March 13, 2007, 02:22:41 pm
Most of the time I'm pixelling, I do so with no inspiration. I just start sketching and refining, and it usually ends up becoming an anatomically incorrect face, but everything you do doesn't have to be perfect, it still helps you get better and better. I skip the thinking part and just draw whatever wants to come out. If all else fails, start drawing objects around you.

Offline eck

• But why is RUM gone???
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: March 14, 2007, 08:09:06 pm
it usually ends up becoming an anatomically incorrect face,

:huh: *glances at your avatar*

::) ::) ::)

joking.

my inspiration usually comes from real life.  lost for ideas?  just turn around and draw what you see behind you, regardless of if it is a mural related to the movie 300 (which I'm really eager to see) or a blank wall
untz untz untz?

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #14 on: March 14, 2007, 09:54:43 pm
or a blank wall

I would suggest you don't go drawing a blank wall when you're lost for inspiration.  ;)

I suck at getting inspired so i have no advice to give, but i shall read this topic over.  :y:

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Reply #15 on: March 15, 2007, 01:33:17 am
Dust draw what you see in your mind, like Blick said.  Put it down, before it gets lost forever!

Offline madartiststan

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: March 19, 2007, 05:09:16 am
Thanks guys, I forgot I even had this thread.

But going over it it's been very helpful. :)