AuthorTopic: Self Portrait avatar thingy  (Read 5587 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: Self Portrait avatar thingy

Reply #10 on: March 11, 2007, 10:05:51 pm
If your theory doesn't arrive at meaninful results ( like, good aa for an aa tutorial ) then you're not yet ready to share the wisdom, I think.

Offline artisan

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: March 11, 2007, 11:10:23 pm
tute sweet... i spose your right ill try find the place i learned it from in the first place
"Im the BATMAN" - the riddler

Offline Bugguy

• Now animated =~~
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: March 11, 2007, 11:48:16 pm
@Ricco: I've already said this to you on the line art exchange topic, but you didn't notice  :)
About the AA stuff, I learned it by seeing other people's sprite, I had no need for a tutorial, I only needed them for more advanced things which I wouldn't figure out by myself... There's a topic where people post their videos of they making sprites which I've learnd a lot, you should take a look.  :lol:
I'm still a newb around here, please be patient TT__TT

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: March 12, 2007, 12:24:49 am
>>

I do like this, your definately heading in the right direction but what I think you definately need to work on is your AAing.. once you get your head around it I believe the quality of your work will dramatically improve..

I've quickly AAed up here and there using the existing colours, added some extra details  like for instance the nose, the original one just didn't make sense, theres no depth to it and from another angle wouldn't even look like a nose. I reduced the lighting on the cheeks because it tends to look as if your characters cheeks are full, its because lighter shades raise areas off the screen and darker shades pushes it back.

hope this edit helps, tho I know theres a slight colour count issue have a look at how i've AAed areas, it may not be 100% perfect but you should get something out of it hopefully.  :blind:

~Ter
I've not got anything interesting to type here..