AuthorTopic: [Help] Mountain Scene  (Read 14801 times)

Offline Generic

• View Profile

Re: [Help] Mountain Scene

Reply #10 on: March 11, 2007, 10:04:30 pm
@Serena - Wow that looks so much better than mine. I'll definately use that for reference. I was also looking for a good picture for when I go to put in clouds and that is perfect. Thanks a lot.

@Khorin - Oh that makes it stick out a lot more, thankya. I'm still debating what I should do with the outline, but for the moment it's just a place holder. Have any suggestions>

Offline khorin

• I ruled the forces that fueled your hate.
    • View Profile
    • Shizucor

Reply #11 on: March 11, 2007, 10:28:00 pm
Here's a picture I took when I was in the Philippines. It's not a great picture but I think it should help you out. I would especially pay attention to the mountains farther away. Do you notice how they become lighter and fuzzier? Using a light bluish color for the sky would probably make the mountain stand out without the outlines.

Offline Generic

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 03:56:35 am
Alrighty sorry for the lack up updates but I've been a bit busy. I tried to make my picture look more realistic like the photo you took Khorin. I'm pretty confused on the texture I'm trying to use on the closest mountains. I want it so you can see the clusters of trees more clearly since they are closer. I also need some help on not making the middle mountain stick out so much. And I'm not too sure about my clouds. Thanks for the help everyone.

Offline Noveroth

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 04:01:46 am
Wow, that's turning out good, I recomend adding a bit of texture and maybe a rock or two on the plateau.

Offline Generic

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: March 15, 2007, 04:06:32 am
Thanks. And I plan on adding more texture to the plateau, that was my next step hopefully. I think I might change the palette of it too because I think it stands out a bit too much. Thanks for the advice.

Edit - I forgot to add in Khorins lighted area of the mountain. It'll be included in the next update :] .
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 05:00:57 am by Generic »

Offline khorin

• I ruled the forces that fueled your hate.
    • View Profile
    • Shizucor

Reply #15 on: March 18, 2007, 08:57:50 pm
Ooh I missed this updated. You've applied atmospheric depth quite well. Good job! Keep it coming!

Offline That One Guy

• Project Faust Head Designer
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: March 18, 2007, 11:53:17 pm
I think you should add little patches of grass that kinda trains off into the side of the mountain's rock.. Not really sure how to explain it, but it could look pretty neat.

Good job on the piece so far, I have no crits that anyone's already said.
--Project Faust
Current Game
-~Castle Of The Dying Moon~-

Offline Generic

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: March 19, 2007, 01:40:47 am
Thanks Khorin and One Guy. I tried to do what you said about the grass on the rock but it turned out really bad in my opinion. I can't seem to get it to blend in with the rock no matter what I try.

Offline rougewisp

• the other side of the pillow
    • View Profile

Reply #18 on: March 19, 2007, 01:43:51 am
Maybe if you added in some nondescript flora? Something that sticks out from the grass stubble around it to give it some flavor.
for great justice

Offline Generic

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: March 19, 2007, 01:47:53 am
Oh duh. That'd be a good idea. I completely forgot about adding any flora. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll see what I can do.