AuthorTopic: Captain America  (Read 4059 times)

Offline Ricco, the Pirate

• Yarrrr
    • View Profile

Captain America

on: March 08, 2007, 11:20:15 pm
 I was trying to do a sprite here using what I think would be the so called Anti Aliasing, but I dont seem to really know what Im doing  :P

=>

Give the noob a helping hand willia please?  :D
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 08:23:00 am by Ricco, the Pirate »

Offline eck

• But why is RUM gone???
    • View Profile

Re: Captain America

Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 11:36:44 pm

added aa, 2 suit midtones, and 1 skin tone.  makes things all that much smoother imo.  also, removed a bunch of the overdither.
untz untz untz?

• Yarrrr
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 02:02:51 am
Nice! That one looks very good, That extra skintone really made a difference there, an the suits also looks better, much cleaner.
That helps a lot tnx

Offline Serena

• View Profile
    • Serena's Deviant Art

Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 02:07:46 am
I would remove the black outline from the star since it's not defining any negative space or anything, just pasted on. I think if you shaded it a little more so that it looks form-fitting that would be pretty cool.

• Yarrrr
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 06:12:08 am

Update
Not finished, im having fun here trying to use this dithering thing(wich is what I originally tought was Anti Aliasing  :P)

Offline eck

• But why is RUM gone???
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 02:05:17 pm
wow, big improvement.  i think you still are overdithering a bit, but i think that also my be just a bit of prefrence.
untz untz untz?

Offline DJ gman

• what a secksy beast
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: March 10, 2007, 05:29:16 pm
i think the star on thsi chest shouldnt be so horizontal. try curving it more to his chest muscles

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 11:45:12 pm
the 2 major problems with this is that everythings skewed, I know having things exactly symetrical isn't good but you gotta make sure that there is some stability in the general proportions. atm the right side (our left) of the head is much larger. this is a quick demonstration of how I think it should look, I just flipped it over to give the head a better shape.

the other major problem I see is that you are dithering needlessly, unless your keeping to a certain palette or limited number of colours I wouldn't go so mad dithering like that. it's just giving this a horrible textured look. imo it looks very messy. It would make more sense just to add in that extra shade between the lightest blue and second lightest.

I'd also suggest cleaning up some of the linework in places, adding a tad more AA.. it just looks very random imo, I always like to plan and take things one step at a time, otherwise you just jump into something and spend most of your time altering it to what you originally should of considered.

trying to edit this to illustrate how I think it should look.

help at all?
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

• Yarrrr
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: March 11, 2007, 05:27:43 am
LOL! Good point there. Gonna see what I can do here