AuthorTopic: Growlmon [WIP]  (Read 3362 times)

Offline Naso

• ...?
    • View Profile
    • My PixelJoint

Growlmon [WIP]

on: October 10, 2005, 11:51:08 pm
Hey guys just here working on the next stage of guilmon, his name is growlmon. Well, will I was working on this peaice I noticed that there wasn't enough colors that i could use to make it look cool. ( following guilmons pallet )So i deiced to add two shades to every color, and the out come was very nice so I deiced that I will keep it like this. So this is what I have so far and I wanted to get your opinion on it so far?

Cheese Cake -naso

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Re: Growlmon [WIP]

Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 01:13:26 am
your AA is kind of overdone in some parts, making them fuzzy where the reference was sharper. Since it's such a large pic I guess it doesn't matter too much, but it'll cause you problems when you move to smaller things.

My advice for when you start your next digimon, is to pick a completely different lightsource from the reference. Trying to copy pixel for pixel isn't going to help you improve. You aren't going to learn anything about drawing shadows, anatomy, picking colours, and a ton of other stuff. The only thing you're likely to pick up will be pixel art specific tehcniques like AA and selout, which are useless without the others. Also try to add on to the reference. Since digimon's shadows are simplified for animation, try to do things like adding more shades. The main thing is to get as far away form the reference as you can, so that the only thing you're relying on it is for the details like the tatoos or to look at the anatomy if you're having trouble imagining the light source from a different angle..

Offline Naso

• ...?
    • View Profile
    • My PixelJoint

Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 01:24:54 am
Humm...yea i should try to pic a dif light srouce and add more shadows and stuff. yea ill do that next time thx ( oh and can u show me were it looks fuzzy? )

Cheese Cake -naso

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 01:27:43 am
Around the stomach. And like I said, it's not really a problem with such a large pic, just watch it when you move to smaller canvases.