AuthorTopic: [WIP] Iso Chair  (Read 3102 times)

Offline mega-human

• View Profile

[WIP] Iso Chair

on: March 04, 2007, 02:52:47 am
Hey,

I have made a basic design of a chair in two colours but I'm not sure how to make it more detailed or more realistic as such.

Creative criticizm would be most helpful.

Cheers

//edit ptoing: When using imageshack as a host for your stuff remove the [url] tags. It's very annoying when you click on the images to zoom in and an imageshack page opens. ta.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 04:12:15 am by mega-human »

Offline Xero

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Iso Chair

Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 09:55:33 am
Noticed no one had commented this and thought it was a shame. I'm not much for constructive criticism so I designed you a quick sofa to help you out a bit as a reference maybe?

Offline mega-human

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 02:54:05 am
Thankyou very much, that helped me ALOT.

My picture probally looked bad, as I look back on it, it looks really bad. But thats why I put the thread up so people could point me to how to make things look better.

Thankyou very much.

Offline ejay

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 09:44:20 am
I don't think your original chair looked bad, it just has a different style, and works quite well with it.
Here's my paintover of your original -

I didn't change much, obviously - I edited the palette a little (not sure I prefer mine over yours) , and set up a rule which allows only the edges facing me to be highlighted (which makes a big difference to my eyes). I also softened some of the edges (not sure whether it goes nicely with this style).