Critique > 2D & 3D

Wing Commander Pixel Art-y Unity Remake

<< < (3/13) > >>

eishiya:
Hard to give a list, almost all the assets you've posted have some noisy bits that, in a perfect world, would be worth cleaning up. The parts that stand out the most to me are in the cockpit: the area around the round screen, the ceiling, the side-frames of the main window, and the orange bit in the bottom centre.

Vinik:
Cool, so it is just quite low Fov.

I would add to eishiya's list that the ship's green "windshield" (don't know the equivalent term for airplanes and ships) have gradients that look a little too smooth for typical pixel art, and it seems to be skipping the dithering part of the style (intended?).

Anyway, this looks really great :). If I were you, I would be tempted to rebrand this as a game without WC IP/designs after you are finished having fun :P. Also, do you have any plans on commercially releasing your pixel-art rendering tech as a shader?

Howard Day:
eishiya:Thanks! I'll see if I can make these things less noisy - It increases my render times, but does improve the look.
Vinik: I've done that sort of thing before...I just in this case really like the nostalgic feel of this particular universe, and I'm on a roll, creatively. Id sorta hate to stub my mental toe, so to speak, and change direction. Does that make sense?
Here's an update on the damaged version - I'm really proud of how the glass looks.

And the Sprite masking in Unity is super cool, too - I can easily dynamically blend this guy with the clean version, with dithered edges. It's cool. :D

Vinik:
It surely makes sense to have fun :) and any step by step on the process of doing this would elevate this thread to a treasure-chest-level art reference :D

Howard Day:
I will do that, then!
Got Damage Masking working!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version