AuthorTopic: Little guy in a white suit (WIP)  (Read 3046 times)

Offline RomanH

• View Profile

Little guy in a white suit (WIP)

on: March 06, 2007, 06:50:52 pm
Hi

the more time I invest in pixeling, the more I realize I need to start small... So, I've decided to create a little "Indiana Jones' Desktop Adventures"-like sprite.

This is what I used as an inspiration: http://www.theraider.net/information/games/desktop_adventures.php

This is the current state of the sprite: (<- the one on the right is the latest one)

What I'm trying to achieve is a 50s type of guy. White suite, stranded on an island in the south seas, never losing his sense of style. Just like "Don The Beachcomber" (http://www.ovi.ch/b377/articles/queen/headdress.jpg)

The sprite is supposed to have the left hand in his pocket and it's perfectly ok that he's a little chubby. :-)

any c&c is very much welcomed!

Thanks

RomanH

Edit:
Latest version:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 07:37:00 pm by RomanH »

Offline Serena

• View Profile
    • Serena's Deviant Art

Re: Little guy in a white suit (WIP)

Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 07:24:24 pm
I like it.  I think I would give the outlines a little more contrast, especially where is hand is in his pocket and the front brim of his hat.  Also, I would make the hat a bit rounder considering the angle.

Offline RomanH

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 08:12:54 pm
Hi!

Thanks for the feedback, Serena. I've been working on it some more, trying to incorporate your suggestions.

As you ca see, he is now carrying a little tiki statue, which he - and I'm sure you have guessed already - will use to shoot death rays.  ;D

RomanH

Offline RomanH

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 07:39:06 pm
started doing all the other directions...

This is still WIP and any C&C is greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks

RomanH