AuthorTopic: [Feedback] Enemies, Drone and enviroment  (Read 1763 times)

Offline Jedemy

• View Profile

[Feedback] Enemies, Drone and enviroment

on: July 01, 2019, 07:39:25 pm
Hi! It has been quite sometime since my last post on Pixelation. I am also planning to create a Devlog&Projects topic but i didn't even name the game yet, so it will have to wait.

Well here are some gifs. If you guys would take your time and give me feedback on it, i will really appreciate it!

I have no idea why this gif got such speed. :/

Thanks for your time!

Offline Vinik

• View Profile

Re: [Feedback] Enemies, Drone and enviroment

Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 08:22:31 pm
Lovely stuff, i like that it is a bit like master blaster and you have separate sprites for the vehicle and the pilot. The only two things I can think of is:
1- I am not so found of non outlined sprites, but as you are having dark backgrounds this is probably the best choice.
2- perhaps you could unify the tint of the big objects shading towards the dark blue/teal of the background for more ambience (like you are already doing with the green paint parts). Going more realistically underwater than that would mean filtering the red element of colors, and I don't think that would improve anything, as the lively oranges and red mid tones are looking nice, so maybe just making the shading globally colder would be a good compromise.

Offline Jedemy

• View Profile

Re: [Feedback] Enemies, Drone and enviroment

Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 01:35:17 pm
Thanks for the feedback Vinik, i am glad you like it! I am planning to have a saturation shader/surface element on everything.

Actually that is not the pilot, it is a drone which you can equip up to 3 of them(Miners, fighters, defenders etc.). :D