AuthorTopic: [WIP] Dragon  (Read 3998 times)

Offline Noveroth

• View Profile

[WIP] Dragon

on: March 03, 2007, 01:51:06 am
|

I made the penguin ;D, and i had an idea for a game so i'm making the sprites and animations as i post this.

-----op-----
A Quick dragon pixeled up, loosely based on AdamAtomic's Avatar. it inspired me and i needed a pallet. I still need to add the wings, and i'm thinking enlarging the tail... but yeah.

C+C Anyone?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 05:02:59 pm by Noveroth »

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Re: [WIP] Dragon

Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 03:17:28 am
haha, loosely, huh?  You'd be better off coming up with your own design, or else you could end up repeating the flaws in mine :P  like nonsensical horn attachments to an otherwise smooth head, etc.  I think so far your execution is decent, and I'm cool with you using the palette, but clearly you are decent at this stuff - let's see something new!!  Maybe then I can get inspired by your creature :)

Offline Noveroth

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 03:21:56 am
Hehehe, yeah, i've been in a bit of a slump lately, so any inspiration is good inspiration.

Actually i've been thinking of making a penguin in a simmilar style.. i don't know why the dragon made me think that...

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 08:30:25 am
Let's see it!  A penguin would be great - I suspect its the nice light belly patch on the dragon, its definitely a little penguiny...

Offline Noveroth

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 05:03:28 pm

Bump, see first post for progress info.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 05:42:56 pm
nice!  I think the tiny frontview of the dragon has too much emphasis on the nostrils, i'd tone those back or leave them out entirely, they don't add as much as the beak does on the little guy.  I'd also consider not outlining the beak, you're losing some useful pixel space there.  Or maybe only outline it on the bottom or something.  keep em comin!

Offline Noveroth

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: March 03, 2007, 05:57:52 pm

Fixed up his nostrals, and added some other directions, though i think i messed up on the perspective, and i need to fix the side veiws because of it.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: March 03, 2007, 06:38:36 pm
Dang it. Now I want to make one.
On the back view, I think you could make a slight inward curve at the neck, so suggest the form of the side views. Front view is fine because the beak could be blockin' it :P.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #8 on: March 03, 2007, 08:44:52 pm
On the dragon's sideviews, the eyes are too far back, making it resemble Adam's more so than your own. I think you should outline the jaw in the front view 'cause right now it looks like part of the belly, but if you do that make syre to lose the outline between the upper green part and lower yellow part of the head.
I'm lovin' the penguin.

Offline Noveroth

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: March 03, 2007, 11:48:08 pm

I took most of the advice, and came up with this.