AuthorTopic: Get in mah belleh! - Pixeljoint entry  (Read 2432 times)

Offline SolidIdea

• View Profile

Get in mah belleh! - Pixeljoint entry

on: March 02, 2007, 05:15:36 am
Hello fellow pixellers! Thanks to Blick to the "Fat Bastard" reference  ;D
As I take a break from the cultured lady, I decide to make the pixeljoint challenge.

This is the polar bearfrigerator, a sneaky bastard.
He waits till everybody is sleeping, that substitute your refrigerator. When someone numbwalks to the fridge, he EATS him :hehe:  :crazy:

Poor Billy...

"Original" palette - 16 colors

"At night" palette - 16 colors

Any critics, suggestions?

Bye!

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Re: Get in mah belleh! - Pixeljoint entry

Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 05:55:42 am
Hmm. This looks good. I'm putting my money on you, or Frankiesmile for the win. It's gonna be close.

There are some issues that I've noticed. The Bear's fur seems strange, especially the fur that looks like it is draping from it's arms. They look kind of "wavy". I've never seen a long haired polar bear before, nor have I ever seen a long haired bear. Also, the opening door isn't very readable for me. I don't know if it's the angle, or the way it's positioned, but something seems off. Another thing I noticed is that there is not much light reflecting off the boy. I'd make it a tad bit brighter, or at least more light highlights on the boy, where the light should be hitting him. Oh, and I like the darker "At Night" version better. Looking fantastic though. If I enter, I'll be sure to stand clear of your way good sir.

Good luck!
my back hurts...

Offline SolidIdea

• View Profile

Re: Get in mah belleh! - Pixeljoint entry

Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 07:10:45 am
Thank you for your kind comments B.O.B.!

Now for the critics:

Fur:
http://www.uscg.mil/pacarea/healy/deployments/AEWS03/updates/06/images/Bear%20Standing.jpg
My reference was kinda hairy (hippie polar bear? :P) so I exaggerated a bit, but indeed, his hair is not wavy, so I tried to fix that, and reduced the volume of hair.

The lighting:
Refrigerator light bulbs are usually dim lights, but a more highlighted kid is way more dramatic :) Fixed!

Door:
Well, I didn't knew how to really correct this, so I tried to bring the door down a little bit and make it more oval and chubby like.
Hope it fixed!

Thank you for your critics!