AuthorTopic: Mage Knight art-dump, lots of sprites & info  (Read 98907 times)

Offline BadMrBox

• Bringer of Apocalypse
    • View Profile
    • Ragnarok Games

Re: Mage Knight art-dump, lots of sprites & info

Reply #20 on: February 28, 2007, 06:36:24 pm
Nice stuff Tsu'  ;D. Quite awesome work with a hellish deadline and all. Great that your boss allowed you to post this.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #21 on: February 28, 2007, 07:19:07 pm

Anyway, someone a LONG time ago on Pixelation, for a "make a magic spell" pixel challenge (using my little laughing FFTactics looking avatar guy) did some animations using a 3d program to make cool effects that rendered out to perfect pixel art so you couldn't even tell it was done in 3d.  They were really awesome, I think he did two effects...if ANYONE out there stil has those and could post them, that'd be awesome, I lost them a long time ago.

You're talking about Z Gravity. I used to have some of those effects stored, but that was like 5 formats ago. I lost contact with him years ago...

Maybe miascugh still has his contact info?

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #22 on: February 28, 2007, 08:14:54 pm
Anyway, someone a LONG time ago on Pixelation, for a "make a magic spell" pixel challenge (using my little laughing FFTactics looking avatar guy) did some animations using a 3d program to make cool effects that rendered out to perfect pixel art so you couldn't even tell it was done in 3d.  They were really awesome, I think he did two effects...if ANYONE out there stil has those and could post them, that'd be awesome, I lost them a long time ago.

Totally OT but I just had to say I had just joined Pixelation and participated in that challenge at the time. I guess that dates me.

Offline Skull

• View Profile
    • Viva La Skull

Reply #23 on: February 28, 2007, 08:17:32 pm
Hmm.. I had a bundle of these ToableTop figures.. but never learned to play.. Shame.

This is very impressive work.. the animations are perfect. I think the mixed media with gradiants and blurs work rather well.

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #24 on: February 28, 2007, 10:23:20 pm
those are fucking sweet. I commend you, I love the glowing things.... You are amazing with animations. ;D

eh..edit: corection you and your company are amazing with animations :-[
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 10:25:57 pm by Malor »
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Locrian

• View Profile
    • BURHTUN: online portfolio

Reply #25 on: February 28, 2007, 10:49:15 pm
damn I had those 3D spell effects saved for the longest time but like everyone else seem to have eventually lost it.  Not on any of my backup disks.   :'(  they were nice.

Good to see you back Tsu.

Offline PoV (aka DrgnMaX)

• I can read your mind
    • View Profile
    • Click this and find out

Reply #26 on: February 28, 2007, 11:08:44 pm
You're talking about Z Gravity. I used to have some of those effects stored, but that was like 5 formats ago. I lost contact with him years ago...

Hehe... I think you're right.  That's funny.  Z Gravity works for Big Blue Bubble with Tsu.   ;D

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Reply #27 on: February 28, 2007, 11:13:25 pm

Yes, I remember those effects by Z_Gravity too. Mhh, I've got ancient AIM contact info of him, but he wasn't on there for.. years? Anyway, I don't think I've ever actually talked to him, heh.
Is it possible though that I spotted his name in the game credits anyway? Then again it would have been strange that the 3dsmax way of doing effects never had come up during the developement. Am I mixing up names?

Anyway, great stuff in here. When I saw the run-cycle for the orc with the battledrums I kinda wished that this was for an RTS game. I don't really know why, I guess I was reminded of WarCraft II - some very fond memories - just that this also has this awesome aggressiveness to it in this power-run that suits the hot-bloodedness of an orc so well... something that WC kinda lacked imo.

edit: BOING - 3 new replies while typing, half of this post obsolete
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 11:21:00 pm by miascugh »

Offline Tsugumo

• View Profile
    • Bulletproof Outlaws

Reply #28 on: March 01, 2007, 02:11:54 am
Awesome.  The goods are out now.  It's great to see you were allowed to share.

hey man!  good to see you're still kickin, heh...saw your post at lunch and DLed PuffBomb and was addicted for the lunch hour :)

You're talking about Z Gravity.
Hehe... I think you're right.  That's funny.  Z Gravity works for Big Blue Bubble with Tsu.

what??  fuck, that's him??  He sits like a few desks away from me, haha...I didn't realize Z Grav did those.  shit, I'll have to remember to ask him if he still has them tomorrow.

Is it possible though that I spotted his name in the game credits anyway?

holy shit, you got to the credits??  did you finish the game?  ya, he did all the background art for MK.  The poor guy has had to draw more trees than any man should ever be forced to draw in his life, heh...

- Tsugumo

Offline PoV (aka DrgnMaX)

• I can read your mind
    • View Profile
    • Click this and find out

Reply #29 on: March 01, 2007, 03:01:50 am
hey man!  good to see you're still kickin, heh...saw your post at lunch and DLed PuffBomb and was addicted for the lunch hour :)

Nice.  One of these days I'm going to have to storm the new office and challenge some of you guys to some multiplayer.  ;)