AuthorTopic: Things and stuff  (Read 3276 times)

Offline mrmean

• View Profile

Things and stuff

on: October 08, 2005, 10:15:52 pm
some new and old stuff
1 year old stuff me and a water dragon

tho i updated both pretty recently but the lineart is the same...

the tone-CD I made in paint, and the same with the green foggy houses and that little chbi demon is me with demon wings, don't ask me why ^^. the card is my most recent work I'm pretty happy with the results but the palette became a litte bit to dark. And the last 2 is some random animation test and a pic of yoda from starwars...
well, i think that was most of my work(worth looking at :P)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 10:36:24 pm by mrmean »

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Re: Things and stuff

Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 10:33:53 am
On the first two, you should dither to give the picture shape and volume, and not only for using less colors.
I'd say you could first color the pictures in blocks of colors (giving volume, shadows etc)  and once you have planned all, just start dithering if so.
(The face could have the cheek bones and lips and other wrinkles the skin makes more pronounced for spicing it up for example)
But well I remember seeing that dragon in pixelation it has improved since then.

As for the rest, The CD icon looks pretty nice, the green foggy houses is ok, maybe a tad boring composition wise, but not bad for 2 colors.
The chibi demon you, IMO has a bad palette choice, at points looks pillow shaded and in overall somehow looks jaggy (and without trying to offend) somehow disturbing for the eye, at least to me.
The card, somehow looks forced. The objects look just pasted there and forced to go together, and somehow dont "click well", but the detail of not just mirroring but showing the other side of the jack is nice.
The animated dude looks nice, but the choice of palette doesnt do it for me again.
And last, Yoda, looks pretty nice, though somehow doesnt share much similarities to the movie one, but well pixelled.

Keep pixelling, and good luck with new stuff.

Offline Crazy Asian Gamer

• Guess who follows trends?
    • View Profile
    • CAG's NONEXISTANT Page... of DOOM

Re: Things and stuff

Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 06:06:02 pm
The eyes in the chibi are quite strange...  :o
They freak me out a bit. Dunno why.

Keep growing and learning.  :D