AuthorTopic: the Bleach DS 2nd emblem editor is quite good.  (Read 7441 times)

Offline Lee N

• View Profile

the Bleach DS 2nd emblem editor is quite good.

on: February 26, 2007, 11:52:59 pm
(sorry, no art to show off today.. just figured I'd share my find)

The emblem editor in Bleach DS 2nd is the best one I've seen on Nintendo DS so far (as opposed to the one in Tony Hawks Downhill Jam - which is the worst one), it's pretty much a fully featured pixel program on the go, the limits are 32x32 pixels and a palette of 16 colours - but you can select your own colours in the 15 bit range instead of working with a predefined palette.

Input is dpad or stylus based, and it has the most obvious tools (pen, eraser, fill, line, colour pipette, undo/redo) but even cut and paste. Seeing how some of you on this forum like to work small, I figured I'd share my find.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: the Bleach DS 2nd emblem editor is quite good.

Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 02:05:06 am
that actually is pretty cool, particularly the stylus bit.  What sort of game is it a feature on?
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Lee N

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 02:45:17 am
that actually is pretty cool, particularly the stylus bit.  What sort of game is it a feature on?
Bleach DS 2nd is a fighting game based on Tite Kubos manga and anime "Bleach", the game is developed by Treasure. It also features online play via Nintendos Wi-Fi Connection service, and that's where the emblems come into play.

You can see a trailer of the game here,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnQSRjqYsS8

And if you're interested, you can pick up the game here:
http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-162x-71-9g-49-en-84-j-70-1i8b.html

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 04:05:02 am
looks a little too jpop for my tastes, but i can see how people might go for it.
A mistake is a mistake.

Offline Lee N

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 04:34:59 am
looks a little too jpop for my tastes, but i can see how people might go for it.

Jpop? If you're talking about the song in the trailer then it's just the intro theme for the game, the ingame music is more traditional "game music". It's a fighting game..

Here are two longer gameplay movies..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcYQrLsjPdg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLOQyKtt6Bo

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 09:36:08 pm
Bleach is (in my opinion) the equivalent of Inuyasha, but with a larger male fanbase.

Anyway, the app looks interesting. I wonder if there are any independent developers that have done apps for the DS to this effect.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 01:46:56 am
Jpop?

"Jpop", like "indie" or "emo" (or for that matter, even "rock & roll") is more than the music, its a cultural movement.  the whole thing is too jpop for me, with or without fighter music.

jsut an opinion though, lots of people like that ^^
A mistake is a mistake.

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 02:09:18 am
I think Adarias means the japanophile movement.
How all these animes are being dubbed in english for kids, like pokemon yugioh, naruto, digimon, and the anime-ization of north american cartoons. It's a bit annoying to me to.
All sorts of japanese stuff that i can't comprehend folows it, like 'manga' and this 'pocky' crap people love.
At least instant ramen is good for the starving college student/artist.
Different strokes i guess.

That emblem editor is awesome looking, but i've never been one for bleach, anime based games, fighters, anime based fighters, or ds onlne play. All the games i've tried it on ahve had too much lag to be playing something competitive an twitchy like a fighter. Oh lost magic, how i wish you were better  :'( .

But i digress, this may peak interest in the pixel arts and find us some new traffic, much like the texture editors in animal crossing were a gateway for me  :hehe:

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 05:58:29 am
I do admit, I have tried Pocky, and it is tasty, but YanYan costs a third as much for more nutrition. Plus it has the nostalgia element for me, from back when a fourth of my diet consisted of those things which are just a little packet of bread sticks and fake cheese sauce to dip them in.

On the Bleach side of things. Yeah, just another action anime with annoying comic relief characters and story arcs that take 5 episodes to advance the plot an inch.

Clarification: Nostalgia comes from the fact that you dip YanYan into chocolate/strawberry/vanilla creme stuff.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 06:00:21 am by Sherman Gill »
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Delgneith

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 02:51:39 pm
Looks fairly basic but quite usable. I've been thinking about how nice it'd be to have an art program on my DS for a while already. Perhaps there's a homebrew one out there or we could convince some programmers to make us one.