AuthorTopic: [WIP] Shirt Icon  (Read 3086 times)

Offline madartiststan

• View Profile

[WIP] Shirt Icon

on: February 24, 2007, 07:04:41 am
32x32 icon I've been working on for a player created server ran by a friend.

9 colors with AA and such.

Offline SCiDT

• Experimentalist
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Shirt Icon

Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 07:19:49 am
Some of those purples are so close together you can probably reduce the color count if you wanted to.

I think its an ok shirt, the sleeves just seem to bother me a little, the one on our left seems to fade into the shirt too much. I think define the pic a bit more also it looks like it is eing worn by a fat guy. (I blame the shading ;)

Offline AwesomePossum

• I <3 Chomba Womba's
    • View Profile
    • My Gallery

Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 07:55:14 am
I agree with Scidt  about the shades. I would also add that the perspective your drawing the shirt from is a hard one but you made it look like the collar was facing a different direction than the whole shirt itself. Also the right (our left) sleave seems to me that it should have some thing showing makes it look like its a sleave rather than a poncho like. I hope that made sense.

tomas awsum

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 12:02:09 pm
Color choices, AA and dithering aside, I really think you should work on the outline of that shirt first. It doesn't look like a shirt now. If you hadn't told us what it was, there's a slight chance I wouldn't even be able to see it at first glance. I'd suggest you rework it to look more like an actual shirt. Something like this perhaps.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 06:24:09 pm
Color choices, AA and dithering aside, I really think you should work on the outline of that shirt first. It doesn't look like a shirt now. If you hadn't told us what it was, there's a slight chance I wouldn't even be able to see it at first glance. I'd suggest you rework it to look more like an actual shirt. Something like this perhaps.

Yes!  Please use a reference for your linework.  Currently it looks only marginally like a shirt.  Correct the basics!