AuthorTopic: [WIP] Horse  (Read 2703 times)

Offline Serendor

• View Profile

[WIP] Horse

on: March 03, 2007, 09:35:02 am
Hello!

I have tried to make a horse... I really need help with the anatomy... to make it more horse like...

I want to have a really strong looking horse. I have used this picture as a reference, and the horse is the one I try to pixel but I can't :(

All help is welcomed :)

PS. Also look at my other thread about my character developement...

http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=3326.0

//Albin

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Re: [WIP] Horse

Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 05:26:46 am
I like that horse a lot! And congratulations for a nice inspirational reference :) Here are a few suggestions to make it more horse-ly:

Check the proportions: body to leg height, hoof placement, angles on the leg parts.
Add more contrast between colors/Remove unnecessary colors.
Remove interior contour lines (as in, everything that's not separating the inside from the outside).
Use a defined lightsource.

Added more leg height, changed the anatomy (angles, distance between legs/hooves), tweaked the colors and added a lightsource (not too happy with that last one though. I'm kinda rusty).

Good luck with the game! Looks like you're quite energized about it, hope you learn a lot and make it happen!

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Horse

Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 12:45:11 am
hmmm, Turbo's edit shows what I mean pretty nicly, but the horse seems incrdibly boney, and kinda like its starving.. Also, not much of a lightsource.
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.