AuthorTopic: [WIP] - Little Viking  (Read 3370 times)

Offline SCiDT

• Experimentalist
    • View Profile

[WIP] - Little Viking

on: February 23, 2007, 05:46:58 pm
Hi all this is a little viking I drew I will appreciate all comments, crit and advice :)

I still need to do sellout on the horns and boots.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 06:07:47 pm by SCiDT »

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] - Little Viking

Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 10:26:55 pm
I like this one its cute. Maybe the helmet could be more spherical and the you could add one more shade between the skin and its highlight to make it smoother. Also a darker skin color for
shadow where the hair is. Maybe make the helmet not have scales but just like normal helmet.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Lawrence

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 10:47:42 pm
I think the helmet & armour's overall shading is too uniform, I'd add areas of shade and highlights. He seems to be looking upward, as his feet indicate a top-down view, but I don't know if that was intended.

Offline surt

• Meat by-product
    • not_surt
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2254.htm
    • View Profile
    • Uninhabitant

Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 12:47:24 am
A quick edit I did a while ago, which is more than a bit late. I forgot about it sorry. :-[

I just did what sharpm and Lawrence suggested and shaded some volume into the piece and leveled out the feet and helmet some to make the viewing angle more consistent.
Also added white highlights to the armour to make it appear more metallic.
Never mind the colour change on the horns, I'm just obsessive about bit boundaries and wastage.

Offline SCiDT

• Experimentalist
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 06:28:20 am
WOW! that is an eye opener. Well done surt thanks! I need to study this picture now!