AuthorTopic: Full Throttle - Repaint.  (Read 3304 times)

Offline SCiDT

• Experimentalist
    • View Profile

Full Throttle - Repaint.

on: February 22, 2007, 06:43:34 pm
Last year sometime I remember thinking is it possible to make the old game sprites look better with the same pallet used back in the day?

I created this soon after that. The First is the line art, the second the original sprite, the last one is the repaint using the same pallet as original.

I noticed that I had a couple of colors used for only little things which i then decided to use for more things.

I know I am still very new to this whole thing, and well always space to learn I am however thinking I did improve the sprite what do you guys think?

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Re: Full Throttle - Repaint.

Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 07:54:17 pm
Eh.  I think that your changes to the pouches on his belt and his hands read better for detail, but they also take away some of the focus.  The original sprite, while somewhat simplistic in some places, reads and guides the eye remarkably well.  The added business of your sprite loses a lot of that.  Your changes to the pants definitely change it for the worse.  I like your lapel highlights, but your belt buckle gets a little lost.  Fun idea for a challenge though!

Offline SCiDT

• Experimentalist
    • View Profile

Re: Full Throttle - Repaint.

Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 09:08:47 pm
I was browsing forum and noticed Helm's other post of the old games if you had to redo the graphics and it reminded me of this piece I did. So I think it's already sort of a challenge?