AuthorTopic: [WIP] Golden Face  (Read 3793 times)

Offline Gunne

• hello..
    • View Profile

[WIP] Golden Face

on: February 21, 2007, 08:27:34 pm
I thought I need a new bootscreen and decided I wanted a face that greets me everytime I start up the computer. I got inspired by a screenshot of The Chaos Engine, maybe you will recognize some things because I copied some (actually most, sst) parts (planned to remove those parts when the process is going further). I played with the palette a bit and than discovered orange instead of the blue to red shades, so now it's the golden face. Since this face is from scratch I'm open for suggestions and/or improvement crits, thanks.

I have trouble with the lips tried to sketch them out but I keep messing them up, any tips?

sorry for the large canvas, I did this because maybe I will add some things next to the face...
in the shadows, lurking.

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Golden Face

Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 11:58:44 pm
Well, my lips go from the center of one of my eyes to another. Bottom lips are bigger than the top, and lighter, etc. Maybe find a reference?

Also, I think the eyes are either too small or brought out too far to the sides of the face. Remember, the length between eyes is an eye...

Offline khorin

• I ruled the forces that fueled your hate.
    • View Profile
    • Shizucor

Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 12:06:24 am
The distance between the eyes should be one eye length. If you use that measurement, the problem of the eyes being too close to side should be fixed.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 12:10:57 am by khorin »

Offline Gunne

• hello..
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 05:33:05 pm
thanks for the comments, although I know about the eye-measurement. After I've posted it I saw the eye was to far removed from the nose because I used the nostrils as measurement so this was the first part to be fixed. About the lips, yea I know the structure of the lips but I still had problems pixeling them (sorry should have been clearer about it). So I've worked on it a bit and here's an update:

Edit:
Fixed the head-size, but I am still not really fond of it
(yes and awefully mirrored :mean:)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 06:21:16 pm by Gunne »
in the shadows, lurking.

Offline Jake

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 06:18:59 pm
heres an edit:

my advice is just to study lips, once you get the hang of it they will be easy.

Offline Gunne

• hello..
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 08:28:17 pm
thanks Jake, that helped me allot defining the lips :D, I got it a little further now!

Edit:

played with the pallete a bit to get the effect I wanted for my bootscreen, I know you've seen it all before  :lol::

C&C appreciated
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 09:51:09 pm by Gunne »
in the shadows, lurking.