AuthorTopic: (WIP) game Buflons.  (Read 22540 times)

Offline setz

• View Profile
    • splixel

Re: (WIP) game Buflons.

Reply #20 on: March 13, 2007, 01:30:58 pm
I meant something like this, actually

I'd suggest keeping the colors vibrant, it adds to the style.

Offline mangust

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: March 22, 2007, 04:02:48 pm
I am return and continue working at "Buflons" ))
I meant something like this, actually

I'd suggest keeping the colors vibrant, it adds to the style.
Yes it's very actualy and very likely, but this surface was generated by programm again and again... and just fill this blue terain, for programmers check this point of coupling surface and bg it's not too easy ))) And we can't do this.

I dont like the edge of the terrain now. It looks pretty weird. The old, bright one was better in my opinion. Also, you shouldnt really rotate your characters o.O Btw, with angle they meant something like...you see the terrain from the side, but the characters are almost watching you through your monitor.

About rotate, maybe don't this, because i resize my persons (old version is too large for this active size of surface (600x600) - also it's simplify animation. Repixel only circle, other just a scale.

Now characters more lie on surface. Your don't think so?

Offline mangust

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: March 22, 2007, 04:05:15 pm
Now i am started animation - begin for jump.

This is have 9 frame for animation, but in actual fact have 7 frame, last 2 frames is repeat of second and first frame (by programm). It's easily animation - it's right way? ))

For back and forward jumps maybe used this animation, just a curve of jump generated by programm
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 08:37:11 pm by Panda »

Offline Crow

• Technicanimal
    • View Profile

Reply #23 on: March 22, 2007, 04:12:33 pm
I pretty like the smaller characters, they also fit the rest more somehow. The frames of the animation are ok, but I think you should slow it down. Looks a little bit too fast.
Discord: Ennea#9999

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Reply #24 on: March 22, 2007, 11:26:28 pm
Hehe, that animation is brilliant. And for a simple ball! :)

I strongly believe the ground would really really WEALLY benefit from some texture as Setz showed in the edit and Crow suggested, and maybe adding some loose objects (small rocks, vegetation, etc.). Maybe you could press the coders a bit, claiming it would greatly raise the game's artistic value :)

Also, i want to pick up one of those blue rocks on the ground and carry it around with me :) very nice

Offline mangust

• View Profile

Reply #25 on: March 23, 2007, 11:52:20 am
For Panda!
Thank you so much for unite my incomplete message )))

I pretty like the smaller characters, they also fit the rest more somehow. The frames of the animation are ok, but I think you should slow it down. Looks a little bit too fast.
Thanks. I do this, just a large delay for frames
Old (delay - 0,1 sec.):

New  (delay - 0,15 sec.):

If do more delay then need paint more frames. )) But for new delay must paint more frame... I think about this ))

Hehe, that animation is brilliant. And for a simple ball! :)

I strongly believe the ground would really really WEALLY benefit from some texture as Setz showed in the edit and Crow suggested, and maybe adding some loose objects (small rocks, vegetation, etc.). Maybe you could press the coders a bit, claiming it would greatly raise the game's artistic value :)

Also, i want to pick up one of those blue rocks on the ground and carry it around with me :) very nice

Yeeeess! Of course! I paint more loose objects - rocks, vegetation, garbage and other... Just some later. And when we do this maybe texture as Setz showed it's will be created, because it's nice idea...
Now i think for template for animation (jump, walk, aim) and shooting in different direction... It's my headache ))

Offline mangust

• View Profile

Reply #26 on: March 23, 2007, 03:18:23 pm
Sketch for walk. He moved small jumps - and this is for all figures. Of course rotation this figure-circle will be more intresting, but for walk is did some problems, if used rotation then need some snimation for small move on 2-5 pixels forward or back, like a sliding, and this more more more frames and code and more complication  )))

What do you thing about this - rught way?
It's template for walk another figures also.

Offline Sharm

• View Profile

Reply #27 on: March 23, 2007, 06:04:45 pm
I like it.  On the tiny sketch he seems to have a little more weight, and squashes a bit more at the lowest frame.  I think that would be good on the larger version too.   Maybe just flatten the bottom a bit more.

Offline Fool

• View Profile
    • Fool's House

Reply #28 on: March 24, 2007, 01:06:35 am
Are you limited in frames? If not - maybe just add a few frame for anticipation.=)

Here's a rough edit: second frame - ball goes slightly  up before set for a jump  and last frame leftover move before settled. Also adjusted spacing a little and gogles position in revolving.

It may take another in-between right after revolvingand landing to smooth it out.=)

Offline mangust

• View Profile

Reply #29 on: March 26, 2007, 10:29:05 am
Are you limited in frames? If not - maybe just add a few frame for anticipation.=)

Here's a rough edit: second frame - ball goes slightly  up before set for a jump  and last frame leftover move before settled. Also adjusted spacing a little and gogles position in revolving.

It may take another in-between right after revolvingand landing to smooth it out.=)

Good animation, in there more life. I am fixed this frame and add some new ))) The departing glasses purchase me...