AuthorTopic: (WIP) game Buflons.  (Read 22686 times)

Offline mangust

• View Profile

Re: (WIP) game Buflons.

Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 09:06:36 am
Get rid of that horrible gradient.

Perhaps, but instead of this must be something to the surface (just flat lines is no good decision), which supports the style of the characters... i think about this, thanks!

Offline mangust

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 01:21:59 pm
I just divert for another project. Now continue...
Fix background and recolor again. I am tired leave color of our world, because this world is alien, but funny and more colored than Worms 2. But feeling "something is not right" is not leave me... Now i think about blue gradient on surface, something must be in place of him.  :blind:

This is background

Offline setz

• View Profile
    • splixel

Reply #12 on: March 09, 2007, 01:49:19 pm
I really like how this is coming along, perhaps you can have the edge-tiles kind of warp the pixel around them so it feels more like they're part of the same thing?

wicked rocks, btw.

Offline mangust

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: March 09, 2007, 04:25:52 pm
Thanks for you opinion. I do this (in right side- it's changes). Recolor again! )):

Maybe about this you talk? I want some rest from background... Anyway, your opinions it's a welcome!
Now i want to do more and more weapons  :crazy: and shooting (i very like this)

Offline Checkworth

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: March 09, 2007, 05:03:48 pm
This looks fantastic :) Very original

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: March 09, 2007, 05:44:46 pm
the new version decreases visual interest and readability of color regions, foreground mixes with backgrouns and the former becomes too neutral.  keep the bright blue and gold i think and forget about unity in this case.

nice work thusfar btw
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Colonel Mustard

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: March 11, 2007, 12:34:49 am
I'm a bit bothered by how the background is strict on sideview, but the characters are slightly tilted  ???  It seems a bit strange to me.

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: March 11, 2007, 12:38:10 am
yeh i suppose it would be difficult to understand when its animated, like if your character was moving it would technically be walking at an angle. if ya get my drift. in worms they are the same angle as the background.
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline mangust

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: March 12, 2007, 01:56:02 pm
the new version decreases visual interest and readability of color regions, foreground mixes with backgrouns and the former becomes too neutral. keep the bright blue and gold i think and forget about unity in this case.

nice work thusfar btw

Yes, you right. I am keep bright blue and fix some yellow, but the keep color characters, It's like me more less than old icteric version.

yeh i suppose it would be difficult to understand when its animated, like if your character was moving it would technically be walking at an angle. if ya get my drift. in worms they are the same angle as the background.

Yes about angle - it's obstacle. Not only animated move, also when they stand on slanting surface and aim. Maybe i am paint they at angle of 45, like at sphere character on image (it's sketch). But it demand from me - animation for eyes (if you remember worms, they move eyes when shooting) for each angle, walking, standing... Most likely not other way. If I right understand you ))

Offline Crow

• Technicanimal
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: March 12, 2007, 08:17:04 pm
I dont like the edge of the terrain now. It looks pretty weird. The old, bright one was better in my opinion. Also, you shouldnt really rotate your characters o.O Btw, with angle they meant something like...you see the terrain from the side, but the characters are almost watching you through your monitor.
Discord: Ennea#9999