AuthorTopic: [wip] rpg portrait - troubles  (Read 6722 times)

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Re: [wip] rpg portrait - troubles

Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 05:07:50 am
I think the shape and everything is dead-on...but the colors are very flat...I donno, it may be a mood thing, and it is personal preference of course, but I tried to make the colors and light a bit more dynamic...

Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Jake

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: February 20, 2007, 05:06:29 pm
heres a quick edit on your main character's face:

gave him a realistic looking mouth, wider nose, stronger jaw, thicker eyebrow, closed his eyes a bit, and darkened his neck.

a few critiques on the girl:

her mouth is too low, her nose looks too round (where are her nostrils?), and imo her face could be bigger.

Offline mangust

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: February 21, 2007, 01:53:14 pm
Maybe it's small edit help you:

Than I want to say about form of face (light, shadow) and contrast... also about his smile  :D (he is too sad). I don't edit type this face too much, because that's you choice! But if you paint man, than he not impede a more manly chin and cheek-bone. This type face of young man (15-17 years).

For girl: Paint here more large in this size, as a man. And how make her sexy? Paint as here in pixel, for a start, with comment other people. Because now she is a faceless, but something in her prettily )))

And... good luck!

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #13 on: February 21, 2007, 02:25:47 pm
lol, I think its horrible...  any ideas?  she isnt supposed to be so goth looking...could someone try to make her kinda sexy?

I think you should start with learning how to draw a human face from the fundamentals. Right now you're having kinda blobish faces and muddy features, all very closely packed together and without much distinction. You would benefit greatly from a crash-course in shading primitive volumes, a study of facial construction and fine art rendering. All things you could get from a beginner 'learn to draw' volume, and probably a better way to go about it than by learning via the other-can-of-worms medium of pixel art. Just my opinion.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007, 06:34:55 pm
http://www.portrait-artist.org/face/ is a good way to get going if you want a jump-start, although it'a not as comprehensive as it could be.

the main thing i think these need is a good lightsource.  i had a quick go:

vs

nixed some of your colors not to necessarily conserve them, but to make the edit go quicker.  i also may have femmed him up a bit, which isnt so much a suggestion as it is my personal taste in men.  i would still though take some time to see what's what about the shape of the face, because the current bauble isn't working so well for you in terms of portraiture
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 06:41:18 pm by Adarias »
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.