AuthorTopic: FF's first flesh/hair attempt  (Read 3561 times)

Offline FatalFetus

• Free thinkers are dangerous..
    • View Profile

FF's first flesh/hair attempt

on: October 07, 2005, 11:58:55 pm
Did a simple profile for this study.. Felt like creatin a mohawk for him, pretty annoying to keep that shade layer in for mohawk designs when light corners the spikes, haha.

10 colors + black, I know there are a few things wrong with him. My anatomic science wiz friend who is studying realism drawings says the neck should be curved more, but even by a few pixels it looks kind of odd, so I'm keeping it where it is unless you guys have a good reason. His eye didn't turn out well, I'll try to redo it but with the size like that and need of higher contrast shades, I don't know if I can get much more detail out of it. Nose seems a bit funky shaped, didn't want to leave it triangular, though. I had a hard time shading this guy with 4 colors.. but all in all it was fun. The hair texture looks alright but I'm sure I might be able to get some more out of it. As far as overall shading.. -sigh- Well I'm pretty sure its screwy. I don't really know how to fix that, though. The lighting on the face is the correct light source for the whole piece, so if something doesn't match that (undoubtedly) please make a comment.
Oh, and here's the nonedited lineart I drew out. Nonedited as in I didn't fix the double lines and small screw-ups.

C&C Greatly appreciated as it is my only learning method at this point.

Fetus

Offline FatalFetus

• View Profile

Re: FF's first flesh/hair attempt

Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 03:13:11 am

Fixed up the eye a bit, added a few small shadowing details. I hadn't realised my first attempt had the whole 'egyptian' eye thing goin. You know, the overly sized eye that looks unrealistic and sticks out?

Fetus

Offline FaeryShivers

• View Profile
    • Happy Ufo Studios

Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 04:24:47 am
It looks much better now. I really think a bit more contrast on the flesh would help.
You have a good bit on the hair but the skin does not reflect that. You also should try adding
some shading to define his jaw a little more, currently it "fades" into his neck a little too much.
His ear is also getting somewhat "lost"

Offline FatalFetus

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 08, 2005, 05:45:49 am

Updated shadings, contrast, shapes, dither.. gotta sleep now, Ill keep working tomorrow. C&C appreciated from anyone. ;p

Thanks again Faery

Fetus