AuthorTopic: Where do you want to be in 5 years - artistically and professionally?  (Read 14523 times)

Offline AdamTierney

• View Profile
    • Adam's Page
Simple question. :) For me:

Professionally: Working on some original IP (non-licensed) games for work. Non-commercially, doing some design/art for a retro platform (ie, Atari 2600 or NES).
Artistically: My pixelling skills have gone to crap, but I'd like to improve my animation skills a bit (2D and 3D).

- Adam

Offline Soup

• Monkey lovvvvvvve
    • View Profile
I want to stop sucking. I started sucking a while ago but in 5 years I hope I will be able to start thinking about pixeling proffesionaly. But I don't know the age limit or anything.  :huh:

Offline alkaline

• may be caustic
    • designflaw
    • awstenn
    • View Profile
professionally: I don't know yet. I probably won't pursue art. Maybe if I have free time i'll be working more freelance.

artistically: Errr, make some enjoyable stuff. Explore other art styles maybe. I hope to work more in depth with animation as well.

Offline Cow

• View Profile
Artistically, I want to be able to paint well. That'll probably take more than 5 years... Yeah, I dunno.

Want to learn me some anatomy. :B

I'd also like to get 3d modeling/that stuff.

Professionally (well, I don't really plan on doing anything really professionally, but it works as a category, I guess), I want to finish a couple of games, hopefully the shmup I'm working on now'll be done by then, along with a few others. I'd also like to make a first person shooter eventually. Oh, and maybe selling my games too...  :-\
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 02:52:39 am by mccow28 »

Offline eck

• But why is RUM gone???
    • View Profile
artistically-  learn to paint, digipant, and create 3d renders.

professionally- publish a few games, etc
untz untz untz?

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile
professionaly: id like to have some graphics from published games under my name
artistically: i want to be much more well rounded, and i want my skills to be much above what they are now.

Offline AdamTierney

• View Profile
    • Adam's Page
Let's consider 'professionally' to mean any projects or applications of your art, not just paying jobs. So where you'd like your art to be in 5 years, and what you'd like to be doing with it then.

- Adam

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides
Making more comics for a living. Having advanced my skill as a storyteller and draftsman. No pixel art pay jobs. Having put out a specific pixel art exhibition I have in mind. Having finished the current games I'm working on. That is all.

Offline flaber

• Captain.
    • View Profile
in 5 years.
hopefully Ill be out of highschool and maby in some art college.

Not entirely sure where I want to end up.
Probably wouldnt take pixel art as a career - but keep it as a hobby.
I want to learn better anatomy and realism.
Maby end up working for some larger game companies, or maby get into advertising.

Ideally, Id want to get into concepts for movies.
but that may be pretty far fetched.

Not sure though really.
Interesting question

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart
Artistically - to have my art on the same level as some of my idols, Nieborg, Fejer, Big-Brother etc..

Professionally - Design for me is a hobby, I take what-ever freelance work i can, but working in the real world pays better.  5 years from now i wouldn't mind some freeware/commercial games to my name, but i would prefer to be working on a PHD in Maths.