AuthorTopic: [WIP] Platform Exploring Game  (Read 16548 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: [WIP] Platform Exploring Game

Reply #20 on: April 12, 2007, 07:49:36 pm
Since the mushrooms are on the ground, you're going to have to switch the light source on a few things, mainly that building.

It's a videogame, I don't think that's too needed. Just give the mushrooms a pleasant blue halo.

Offline Sharm

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: April 12, 2007, 07:53:27 pm
I guess that's true, if he's going to be using these building on levels with different lighting.

Offline Shoba

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: April 17, 2007, 09:09:48 am
Thanks for the hints. I gave the whole Background a new colour Setting. I suppose I'll have to reshade the Buildings as well, but maybe I simply scrap them and start with new one... Something more original.

Btw, those are not stars in the Background, the whole Shroom Level is supposed to be within a Cave. The Lights on the Background are supposed to be some crystals on the ceiling of the cave, which emit some light.

Offline Zenobia

• View Profile
    • Zententia.net

Reply #23 on: April 17, 2007, 12:32:17 pm
I was about to comment 'AWESOME stars' haha
Eventhough they are supposed to be diamonds, I think these would work wonderful as constellations. Many thanks for the inspiration.

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #24 on: April 18, 2007, 01:16:31 am
I reckon that having light sources that point directly down is not good becuase they won't be able to light up the level. Could the top of the mushroom glow as well. Or maybe just the
inside glow, but make the top of the mushroom partially transparent, so they glow bright red. Or have crystals in the foreground. The chains and blds look pretty good on the last screen, same with those two enemies. Tree in a cave is odd.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Shoba

• View Profile

Reply #25 on: April 18, 2007, 10:15:08 am
You're right, a Tree in a Cave IS odd, but then again grass is odd as well. THEN again this whole mess takes place in a universe I created back at the end of the 90s, which is called "Strange Universe". After all, "Strange Universe" is a universe, where the technology to built airtight Spaceships was lost during some really long war some aeons ago, so the ancient (since every universe got some ancients :3) had to fill the universe with oxygen.

I think I'll simply add some more plants as light sources... maybe Sunflowers :3. With smiley faces. My first thought was to make the tree glow as well, but then the tree would be hard to differ if its fore or background.

Offline Shoba

• View Profile

Reply #26 on: April 24, 2007, 11:52:18 am
I made some more light sources. I think I'll make the flower some sort of enemy.

Offline Sharm

• View Profile

Reply #27 on: April 24, 2007, 04:57:03 pm
I love the flower, but is there a reason he's got the same coloring scheme as the mushroom?

Offline Shoba

• View Profile

Reply #28 on: April 26, 2007, 12:09:55 pm
The Flower is female :3. The Giant Shroom is male (and maybe a relative of Stalin or Super Mario). I gave her the same colour because I thought it might be a nice Idea if all the glowing Plants/Shrooms in this Cave got the same Colours.

Offline Sharm

• View Profile

Reply #29 on: April 26, 2007, 05:49:17 pm
I don't care for them being the same color, but that's an artistic choice, not a right or wrong one.