AuthorTopic: A pixel artist in need.  (Read 2326 times)

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

A pixel artist in need.

on: February 18, 2007, 03:59:59 pm
I have a vacation this week and I really want to improve as a pixel artist. Hopefully I can get help from you guys. Here are a few things I'm going that need some work.

I don't think the sides are very good and I need to do something with the arms in the walking animation. Are the cartoony legs far apart not cool? I think I'll go with a more realistic "style". Any idea how I could make the face look real instead of how it is.  Thank you ahead of time I really appreciate this.

Offline entivore

• Never known love
    • View Profile

Re: A pixel artist in need.

Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 11:44:57 pm
Well of lot of cartoonishness is simply exaggerating a feature of animation.... which means doing something like having the legs apart which simply doesn't occur in a walk doesn't really work even on that level.  (Unless you have some strong hip movements or something)

When he's facing straight at us, his face looks kinda like a dog's with a muzzle sticking out front, due to the way it's shaded.  When he's facing the side however, his face is flat, so it doesn't match up so well.  I kinda of like the way it is in the front view... looks quite unique.

Also, from the side, he's much too skinny.
Only in the darkness can one most brightly shine

暗闇だけで最も明るい状態で光り輝くことができる