AuthorTopic: Title of my webpage (first post and pixel art)  (Read 2887 times)

Offline nepheus

• View Profile

Title of my webpage (first post and pixel art)

on: February 13, 2007, 06:40:44 pm
Hello all! I have been watching your amazing artworks for a long time and decided to make one on my own.

This is the main picture (or title) of my webpage called "Vila Supernova" I've been working on. The webpage is about game programming, electronics and stuff like that.

I used GraphicsGale Free Edition to make it and used some tools like "Line Tool" but I still think its classified as pixel art, isn't it?
Anyways, I would like to know you opinions, what you would change and so on. My intention was to make it look like an old videogame title or menu screen. I TRIED to anti-alias it on the building edges but...  :huh: ... the result isn't really good, right?

Good things everyone!

Nepheus

PS: By the way, "Vila" means "Village" in portuguese.

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Re: Title of my webpage (first post and pixel art)

Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 05:12:20 am
 Looks pretty good. The birds' shape could do some changing. Don't know about the black buildings. That's all I got.

Offline fil_razorback

• Captain of a ship without a name
    • View Profile
    • Partisan - Tactics Battles

Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 06:48:15 am
Did you want the building to bend ?

if yes :
Great :P

if no :
You should not have AAed straight lines

Anyway, I quite like it, especially the sun

Offline nepheus

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 01:57:53 pm
Thank you for the answers!

@fil_razorback: yes, it was intentional. I don't know if it will be the final version, kinda looks strange one day after I've done it  :crazy:

@Andy Tram: thank you. The birds were done the simplest way I could imagine, just to add something to that area. What would be a good way to change it? Doing a real bird form or just anti-alising it?

Good things everyone!

Nepheus

Offline madartiststan

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 05:19:20 pm
Thank you for the answers!

@fil_razorback: yes, it was intentional. I don't know if it will be the final version, kinda looks strange one day after I've done it  :crazy:

@Andy Tram: thank you. The birds were done the simplest way I could imagine, just to add something to that area. What would be a good way to change it? Doing a real bird form or just anti-alising it?

Good things everyone!

Nepheus

Hey, um add a bit more lines to the birds because to be they aren't looking very solid ya know what I mean? And yes AA them a bit. Also. Never AA straight lines my man.