AuthorTopic: [wip] Something this simple shouln't be so hard D:  (Read 2762 times)

Offline Luminous_Reaver

• Died Trying
    • View Profile

[wip] Something this simple shouln't be so hard D:

on: February 14, 2007, 03:11:17 pm

Ref -

This is so terrible I don't feel the need to put myself down because I'm fairly confident you can do it for me. Dx
The worst part is it isn't even anything complicated.

Offline madartiststan

• View Profile

Re: [wip] Something this simple shouln't be so hard D:

Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 05:17:23 pm
It's ok. You just need to find your lightsource. To make it easier on you to picture how the light is coming down onto your chip or whatever that is supposed to be. Take a floppy disk and put it under a lamp and turn it and few how the light changes. Then while in your art program just draw a yellow circle where you wish the lightsource to be coming from. Then just picture it in 3d in your head. Some sides will get more light and others will get less. :]

Offline progFX

• View Profile

Re: [wip] Something this simple shouln't be so hard D:

Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 12:42:47 am
For drawing it, it might be a lot easier to draw it flipped vertically, so you can draw it at almost the same angle for better referencing, its as if your drawing someone upside down while viewing them sitting up.

Be sure to keep the proportions the same, a lot of stuff is out of proportion on where it should actually be, the yellowish-orange should be extended more as well as the corners should be more bulky, best of luck.