AuthorTopic: Bruce Lee  (Read 25745 times)

Offline Madgarden

• View Profile

Re: Bruce Lee

Reply #60 on: February 11, 2007, 08:10:32 pm
BOING!

« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 08:39:48 pm by Madgarden »

Offline pkmays

• dawn patrole mole
    • View Profile

Reply #61 on: February 11, 2007, 08:38:23 pm
*hypnotized*

Animation mockup looks great, but having such large durations during the "crouched and about to jump" frame and "landed and about to go back to idle" frame might make the jumps a little sluggish.

Offline Madgarden

• View Profile

Reply #62 on: February 11, 2007, 08:43:53 pm
Yea, you're right about the timing. In game I will match the Kung Fu Master timings as close as possible.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #63 on: February 11, 2007, 09:02:25 pm

These are very solid keyframes. For the amount of time it took me to tween without drawing much new of anything, I think you could do with the extra niceness.

Offline Madgarden

• View Profile

Reply #64 on: February 11, 2007, 09:18:13 pm
Nice. It really helps add weight to the take-off and landing, and the arm movement, well, is smooth now. I've usually been afraid to tween on finished frames, figuring it will be too messy of a job mucking around with the details and such. You've shattered that misconception for me, thanks. ;)

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #65 on: February 12, 2007, 11:29:01 pm
Can I mention that you can use a solid X displacement and still get an uneven walk by "nudging" the animation?

I don't feel like doing it right now, but nudging is the art of doing small displacements in the animation, so that it jerks when walking in place, yet moves correctly when moving x pixels at a time...

It's a necessary skill for any animator with lazy programmers (read programmers programming with restrictions)

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #66 on: February 13, 2007, 01:43:12 am
Can I mention that you can use a solid X displacement and still get an uneven walk by "nudging" the animation?

I don't feel like doing it right now, but nudging is the art of doing small displacements in the animation, so that it jerks when walking in place, yet moves correctly when moving x pixels at a time...

It's a necessary skill for any animator with lazy programmers (read programmers programming with restrictions)

This is what i said when i first mentioned the issue, it can be corrected by messing with the actual placement of the frame in the animation. Such as when the animation is still, it jerks around, but it looks more realistic when moving horizontally.