AuthorTopic: A small pixeldump  (Read 3003 times)

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

A small pixeldump

on: February 06, 2007, 05:02:06 pm
erm, well my project finishes tommorrow so Im gonna have a bit more time to spare, Ive been looking back at some stuff I did over the last few months and im really in the mood to go back and improve em somewhat. So any advice, suggestions or general comments would be greatly welcomed.. Hopefully I'll learn a lot and possibly finalise something worthy to go in a portfolio.

with this my concerns were that,
The shading on the hand just didnt look right..
The neck looked flat.
Were my proportions correct??
Is my palette working?
Some parts weren't exactly finalised, like the hair and the backdrop.

This was pretty much a spur of the moment idea, Ive never spent too much time making mockups of any kind so this was basically a new experience. I'll be working on expanding the canvas and making a playable level, any tips on the tileset would be great.
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/8328/levelja0.png

this is a basic gameboy mockup.. I was planning on making this on the runup to xmas but I never got round to it.. I was in the middle of steering towards more of a snowy level, don't think the random dithering works, looks too much like I spraycanned it.

Oh and this was fun, any advice to improve this would be awesome.. you don't have to understand it btw, its to do with the invasion onto another forum and how we dealt with it.  :-X may of you who hate dolls will probably empathise.
Again, didnt get round to finishing this much.. to begin with my AAing is a bit shabby but it improves throughout I think.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 05:05:57 pm by Terley »
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Re: A small pixeldump

Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 05:41:13 pm
yep I reached page 2, this calls for a bump. really any help would be great.
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 05:44:41 pm
take the no-replys as a compliment.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 08:09:56 pm
The first pic has some pillow shading on the hand, yes. And it looks like you tried to squeeze in the pinky finger, making it look kindof...squeezed. I love the planet in the bg.
The neck is a bit too long, methinks.
The face is great, but what are those two white areas on the sides of his cheeks/jaws?
Open mouth makes him look kinda dumb. Like he's saying "ooh, pretty shiny finger..." Or "Ter-Lee, phone home."
The hair in the front is cool but when it gets to the back darkest parts...compare the left side to the right and you should see what I'm talking about. Completely different in terms of detail and shape.

Love both mockups. No crits.

The comic is cool, but the use of bright blue to AA something to orange/brown? That's just nasty.
My favorite panel is the one where he's like "Wha?" And his face is going < and his mouth is going >. Genius!
Also, the shading on the knight (or lack thereof), tank, and statue in the 4th panel of the first comic is really, really...bad.

Ok, so that's it.