AuthorTopic: rpg mermaid  (Read 3387 times)

Offline Def Sprite

• nothin here yet
    • View Profile

rpg mermaid

on: February 09, 2007, 11:14:35 pm

15/16 colors
kinda inspired my mirre's mermaid PA and that helped me choose the right colors and stuff for my pallete.
I'm also trying to make my own rpg style and i think ive got it this time.
C+C newer stuff is toward the bottom.

Offline MateusThiago

• "I know the pieces fit"
    • View Profile

Re: rpg mermaid

Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 01:39:56 am
She looks very beautiful. I'm sorry I can't give much of a technical advice, since I can't see anything bad there, as I myself probably couldn't do something that nice... for now. But I really liked it.
" This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality
Embrace this moment, remember:
We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion. "

Offline Ai

• finti
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/profile.asp?id=1996
    • finticemo
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 01:41:28 am
* I strongly recommend using a different background color -- I personally favor mid-grey #808080
* You break your own stylistic rule for the larger bubble. To be consistent your top row should look like

-###-

rather than
#---#
(where - is light and # is dark)

* Her far breast is too high (or too flat looking). Maybe her near breast is also (though looking at it, it is not so easily fixed). Possible edit:

* Her skirt is easily confused with her tail. Adding some dark pixels facing away from the lightsource could help
If you insist on being pessimistic about your own abilities, consider also being pessimistic about the accuracy of that pessimistic judgement.

Offline Def Sprite

• nothin here yet
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 08:01:52 pm
@mateusthiago- thanks, worked pretty hard on it. :)

@Ai- thanks for the crit, i fixed up the breast and added a different background color:

also i added an extra shade of red to give it 16 colors as i was going for.
as for the waist, it isn't a skirt, it is part of her tail and it's suppose to be larger scales around the waist to give more character in it, and the scales shrink towards down to the bottom of tail so you can't see it, i would get rid of it, but i think it looks fine that way.

and i think i know what to do with the bubble now, i'll show it in an updated version because im currently doing a merman.

Offline MadToaster

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 06:08:38 pm

I think this is a really cute character.  ;D

I figured maybe a more leggy looking fish tail would make the design look more feminine. I haven't done edits much before but I see why it's done so much, felt like I learned something studying your work closely.