General > General Discussion

THE TAO OF PIXEL ART : An interpretation

<< < (10/11) > >>

0xDB:
* Dennis thinks of possible answers... options ( ridiculous: "That's what she said about my 'candy-bar'..." / smart ass: "In that sentence substitute candy-bars with one of { art, life, art of living } and I dare say it's still true." / semi-holistic: "Depends on who's thinking about the candy-bar. The candy-bar producer should understand how to create a tasty and visually attractive candy-bar which sells. So for him/her it is vital to understand it or he/she'll be out of business soon." / depressed: "Damn, I don't have any candy-bars left." / silly: "How appropriate you fight like a butter-scotch!" / ignorant: "Experience my ass! (..on second thought: No don't do that.)" / apologetic: "I'm sorry for the derailment." )* Dennis isn't sure which answer to pick... maybe this minimalistic one, which leaves a lot of room for interpretation: "Such is art."

Helm:
All these answers are

Dr D:
Yes, I agree, they most definitely are

zez:
I disagree, however I am likely wrong.
I believe it was the great philosopher Playdough who said it best with
"Nietzsche sagt gott ist tot; Gott sagt Nietzsche ist tot."

Jetrel:

--- Quote from: ptoing on October 11, 2007, 12:38:51 pm ---
--- Quote from: Xelados Nafshir on October 11, 2007, 02:11:07 am ---Art is not enjoyable if you're not good at it.

--- End quote ---

That totally depends on your mindset.
Also if art is not enjoyable if you are not good at it, please explain more than half of Deviantart to me.
Fail!

--- End quote ---

You're absolutely right;  it's very subjective, a lot of people are terrible, but love doing art anyways.

I do, however, want to affirm his pain - many of us have to go through a several-year "art purgatory" before our skills match up with a lofty sense of taste.  It hurts bad, and I'm pretty sure most of us who do have a sense of taste decide that it's not worth it, and quit.  Decide they're not cut out to be artists.  I know I've got a lot of friends like that, who've given up the dream.  I suppose the world does have its need of accountants and HR people, but it's still pretty tragic, IMO.

If we want to carry on a theme, we could call this "art seppuku".    :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version