AuthorTopic: Pixelator: Round 2 RESULTS  (Read 144954 times)

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Re: Pixelator: Round 2 (Rules Fixed)

Reply #90 on: February 23, 2007, 01:15:25 am
Considering this whole pixelator is a kinda trial to see how things work, i guess its a good point to note that this challenge may have been a little bit hard for a round 2.  I can't imagine what's going to come in the latter rounds...

Isometric stuff is hard enough as it is - let alone the limited (bitch of a) palette.  2 weeks is ample time - if one has nothing else on.

Sent mine in now (unfinished) because i thought the deadline was saturday, good job i checked.  I hope for all competitors sakes the next rules are a lot clearer from the start.

Feron

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #91 on: February 23, 2007, 01:18:58 am
Considering this whole pixelator is a kinda trial to see how things work, i guess its a good point to note that this challenge may have been a little bit hard for a round 2.  I can't imagine what's going to come in the latter rounds...
Tessellations? I sure hope so. :hehe:

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #92 on: February 23, 2007, 03:49:10 pm
It says on the first page. You know, in the rules.

Friday Feb24 - 7am GMT
Thursday Feb23 - 12am/midnight (mountain standard time)
...and that's exactly what confuses me.
Today is thursday the 22th, the rules say the deadline is friday the 24th or thursray the 23th.
So what should I to believe now?
The dates or the day names?
Heh, I meant you to go after the TIME, not the day. It's the same in both those cases, just depends on where you live.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #93 on: February 23, 2007, 04:51:19 pm
oh come on, the palette is very friendly

Offline SCiDT

• Experimentalist
    • View Profile

Reply #94 on: February 23, 2007, 06:46:35 pm
It's almost over can we have an actaul "show of hands" who is going to submit? I know 2 entries are already in, that's 2/16 how many are we looking at?

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #95 on: February 23, 2007, 07:02:26 pm
I'm submitting mine. However, if the deadline was at noon, today at 12:00, then I'm screwed. I'm at work, and can only submit it tonight, when I get back(11:00 p.m.). Hope it's not a problem...
my back hurts...

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #96 on: February 23, 2007, 07:11:26 pm
My entry is in.

I would just like to say, that I'm not happy with the result and could have done more. A bad artist blames his tools. I guess I'll have to blame time. I've been doing overtime on consept designs for a new commercial. It's set to rival the new Coca Cola commercial that aired recently. We started (ironically) 2 weeks ago and for some reason our customers have only given us 2 months to complete what is essentially going to be the largest commercial the company has ever made. Me and four others had to have the entire story and characters planned by today. We just finished the storyboard and can finally get the 3d animators working on Monday.

I apologise that I couldn't put more work into this. Look forward to seeing what people have come up with.

Offline Lawrence

• View Profile

Reply #97 on: February 23, 2007, 07:57:26 pm
I'm submitting mine. However, if the deadline was at noon, today at 12:00, then I'm screwed. I'm at work, and can only submit it tonight, when I get back(11:00 p.m.). Hope it's not a problem...
According to the rules, we have about 11 hours left (from the time of this post).

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #98 on: February 23, 2007, 11:59:19 pm
Haha. I am a fool.

With this much time left, I really could have made more than 3 tiles (and one four tile object).

I expect a loss, but I regret nothing.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #99 on: February 24, 2007, 12:00:57 am
Uh... you can still update your entry as much as you like up to the deadline, Sherman.