AuthorTopic: Pixelator: Round 2 RESULTS  (Read 144559 times)

Offline 9_6

• View Profile

Re: Pixelator: Round 2

Reply #30 on: February 09, 2007, 06:09:56 pm
Haha great now everyone is more or less screwed up and confused.
I'll leave now and when I return -after a week- I want to see some clear, non-misenterpretable (if that is a word) rules so I can start working on my tiles.
Bye and good luck to everyone.
Does scaling an image blur it?
Opera fix Firefox fix

Offline ZoSo

• View Profile

Reply #31 on: February 09, 2007, 06:15:56 pm
Kinda good i did't win the first round, im not really good at iso.. never really tried. Anyway good luck everyone :O, cant wait to see.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #32 on: February 09, 2007, 06:28:01 pm
Once Flaber is here to explain the rules clearly, and tell us if the palette I tweaked is official or not, I'm restarting the two-week period so nobody has to suffer because the rules weren't clear.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #33 on: February 09, 2007, 07:12:02 pm
   Cool. Oh I have question for "Nightmare on Helm's Street:" Since you are basically a third(or fourth, can't remember how many) of the judges, I've noticed that a lot of us have little background with iso, and are unclear with it's general rules. During the 2 week span that we are allowed to work on it, will it be possible to send a WIP in progress with questions as to what is legal? For example:

I send you a WIP and ask if any thing in the piece is legal or illegal, NOT critiques. This can go through the rest of the judges and they can give the OK as to send back a reply message saying which parts of the piece will be allowed. Again, NOT critiques, just simple replies stating which parts are legal, and a statement or clear set of the rules, as to why it's illegal. I understand this may effect judging, but I'm just presenting this example in case we send something at the last minute, and are automatically disqualified for breaking a rule of the challenge, when it could have been prevented in the beginning.
   I guess Flaber, and the others will get a more clear statement of the rules once they get back. Thanks for holding this off, though, Helm...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 08:27:37 pm by The B.O.B. »
my back hurts...

Offline Filax_666

• View Profile

Reply #34 on: February 09, 2007, 07:36:57 pm
Another question: The palette must be the same on the entire image (and we can only change four colours of that global palette) or do we have a palette per tile, therefore enabling us to change four coulours in one tile and four different ones in another?

Offline buloght

• View Profile

Reply #35 on: February 09, 2007, 07:41:39 pm
Just another one from me  :-[ We have to submit our tiles, does that mean we need to submit slight obstructed ones too? Meaming we have to complete all tiles individually even if they might be slightly obstructed by a tree or rock?

Offline snader

• View Profile

Reply #36 on: February 09, 2007, 08:21:54 pm
i think the best way to send it in is with a mockup and the tiles as a separate set.

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #37 on: February 09, 2007, 08:55:51 pm
I guess it doesn't matter that i flunked out now, i wouldn't have been able to do this round anyway. :P

Offline buloght

• View Profile

Reply #38 on: February 09, 2007, 09:49:10 pm
i think the best way to send it in is with a mockup and the tiles as a separate set.

My problem is say I have a structure (like a very very thick treetrunk or a hollow tree trunk lying over multiple tyles, the front part will obstruct the back with height mostly, so if I have to submit the entire tileset do I submit these back partly-obstructed tiles with blank areas or do I need to fill those areas, for example say I have big rock and it stretches over two tiles, do I need to draw the insides of the rock on the back tile just to complete the tileset? I want to make like red areas where obstructed area are  :P cause my scene will have a couple, unless I misunderstand the rules and no object may be built from mutliple tiles? That would be a downer.

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #39 on: February 09, 2007, 09:49:26 pm
I don't have any trouble understanding the rules. i figured objects like plant life would have to count towards tiles, and the z axis would be a common sense thing. If they're all uniform tiles, and you make one tiles count as most of the canvas' height, then you're going to screw yourself over into making an obnoxiously tall piece that's hard to read, due to mass amounts of scrolling, anyway. I'm pretty sure the 40 tiles are individual ones, not the amount to make your scene. 40 tiles to make a scene, especially if they count the ones you've laid under the top layer if you want varying altitudes, would run out quickly. 8x5 flat tile scene? That's pretty small.