AuthorTopic: [WIP] mobile snow... why not  (Read 7849 times)

Offline artisan

• View Profile

Re: mobile snow... why not

Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 07:11:38 pm
all you did was flip the legs and the arms the other way... which is what i have on another frame (but with the body a bit diff then).... and anyways i think you are refering to my old version, check the latest image i posted with the shaded version i have fixed it and so it does do what you are saying... my version above with the bright pink blue and yellow hasnt been changed thats still the old image. ::)   i will put the latest one on the first post too incase thats what you keep looking at :y:
"Im the BATMAN" - the riddler

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 07:43:48 pm
Yes. I flipped the torso, basically, which is what we've been saying you should do. Your very newest one is still wrong. His arms STILL move opposite to the torso. I just used your non-colored version because I thought it'd be easier to illustrate my point.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 07:52:32 pm
When you step forward on your right foot, your whole body doesn't rotate with it.
Try it.
Did you step? You body didn't go through all the trouble of roatating with it did it? If it did, then you must've waddled.

Ok, now go for a little jog around the room.
Go on now.
See how when you step your torso doesn't really rotate with them? Infact, it should rotate opposite of them. It's when you swing your arms that your torso moves side to side. It moves side to side with the arms, not the legs. And if you'll notice, arms and legs move opposite of each other. Therefore one must conclude that the torso moves opposite the legs.

Like in Rox's edit.

In yours, see how the arm is forward but the rest of that side of the body is back, in conjunction with the leg's position? Well, yeah, it should be opposite.

Like in Rox's edit.

That's what everyone's been saying.

I hope you understand.

Offline artisan

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 08:03:06 pm
ok ok... i worked it out... i had already fliped the torso round... but i had left the head turning like it was before which probably maked it look otherwise... so anyways here it is with the head turning as well.. better? :-/

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: February 11, 2007, 08:08:10 pm
Hah, yeah, that's it. The possibility crossed my mind when I made the last post, that you MIGHT have flipped the torso but left the head... but I thought, naw, the head and torso look almost like they're one piece, so that can't be. It looks quite good now!

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #15 on: February 11, 2007, 08:11:22 pm
Yeah. Cool.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #16 on: February 11, 2007, 08:33:53 pm
It's very hard for me to understand why you've been -rightly- discussing this run cycle for this long without any of you adressing that this isn't how people run at all. This is closer to dancing than running. When the foot is extended fully at the stress frame, the sole of the foot is at a 45 degree angle to the ground, anticipating the connection, not extended pointy ballarina-like.

Offline artisan

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: February 11, 2007, 08:49:43 pm
Rightly so helm :-[ this better?

also again any ideas/refrences/examples of how i can do better tiles for the game? ima gunna try make some new ones but any help in the meantime is more than apreciated.  :)

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] mobile snow... why not

Reply #18 on: February 12, 2007, 02:59:36 am
@helm: gosh, don't you know people DANCE in the snow? where is your sense of joy and childish delight?  :'(

@ artisan: His leg seems to kick forward a pixel too far in the 'midair' frame. I think the head turning might be a little too exagerated though, it looks too jerky for a running bob. Keep it up, it's come a long way from when he was *ahem* 'dancing'  :)

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] mobile snow... why not

Reply #19 on: February 12, 2007, 08:16:25 am
The reason I never mentioned that, Helm, is because of what Stwelin said! I thought the playful toe skip thing fit the character pretty well. Come on, he's a gren blocky person with messed up hair and a red scarf. He has all the right in the world to prance around on his toes if he wants to!

Heh. I guess it just never struck me as odd. I think it does fit the character.