AuthorTopic: Vespa...*Things...*  (Read 12581 times)

Offline Gnarf

• nnnnt
    • View Profile
    • el presto blog

Re: Vespa...*Things...*

Reply #30 on: February 07, 2007, 06:12:08 am
yeah, doesn't really fit what i'm going for.  THanks for the suggestion, though.

Offline Joseph

• Shut up and pixel.
    • View Profile

Reply #31 on: February 07, 2007, 06:29:09 am
here's an edit showing what I meant by my above reply:
      edit 1---------------------edit 2
-----------
Oh...added one more shade to the legs, the highlight.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 06:39:49 am by Joseph »

Offline Akzidenz

• Grotesk Bold
    • View Profile

Reply #32 on: February 07, 2007, 06:58:13 am
A female character with a Vespa inspired by Furikuri? How delightfully.. well, I guess ironic isn't the right word. Appropriate, maybe? :)

I'm a huge fan of the style of the piece. Joseph's edit looks great. I think that, unless you're REALLY under palette restrictions here, you should consider adding a second color for the hair (like Helm and Joseph and others have done with their edits). When you reuse the red for the shadow, it makes her look like she's wearing a ninja mask.
que faire quand on a tout fait, tout lu, tout bu, tout mangé
tout donné en vrac et en détail
quand on a crié sur tous les toîts pleuré et ris dans les villes et en campagne

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #33 on: February 07, 2007, 07:37:04 am

I saw every body else jumping off the bridge, so I thought I would too. Since it was a poncho-type shirt, I tried to incorporate some folds in there, but they may be over the top. I also felt the same as the others in that she needed a more feminine pose for readability, and that boobs don't always need to be present for a girl to noticed. I didn't really change any palette of yours. I kept the originals to stay with the original style. May or may not be to your liking, but you know...what ev'...
my back hurts...

Offline Gnarf

• nnnnt
    • View Profile
    • el presto blog

Reply #34 on: February 07, 2007, 07:50:42 am
@Joseph - Yeah, I understand what you mean now.  Sorry, I completely skipped over your suggestion.  The shirt is looking awesome, so I may consider changing what was meant to be more of a poncho, into a leather jacket.  Something about it, though, changes the overall style, so the head no longer seems to fit with the rest of the piece.  Anyway, I'll definitely have a revision up tomorrow morning, as it's getting really later right now.

@Akzidenz - I just noticed the ninja mask you mentioned.  To me, it initially looked like the hair (and that's obviously because I wanted it to be a part of the hair) but from a different perspective...

Also, there are no palette restrictions; this is just a personal piece i'm thinking of creating a sprite sheet for.  in fact, I'm thinking of scrapping the vespa idea, and go for something completely different.  I couldn't think of many ways to use a vespa throughout the whole game.

@BOB - Damn, that's exactly what I've been wanting to do.  Not too fond of the hair, but it doesn't look bad either.  There are so many ways to go with this piece now.

as i said, I'll get on some edits done tomorrow.  Thanks for the suggestions guys.