AuthorTopic: The thread previously known as "Just look..." Idle anim finished - 2/6/07  (Read 10769 times)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday
Ok, so I've decided to make as many animations of this guy as possible and maybe put him in a game, then make some enemies and get someone else to tile. But I bet you $100,000 I'll get bored before I finish the walk cycle so don't hold me to any of that.

[obsolete][/obsolete]

Idle=Done

Next up: Walk
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 05:49:27 am by Xion Night »

Offline madartiststan

• View Profile
Pretty good so far. But the idle animation looks freakish in that just there's no other movement like th shouders or head when he's idling/breathing. :[

Offline SCiDT

• Experimentalist
    • View Profile
I Agree the idle animation looks strange, looks more like his bouncing his pecks, like some wrestlers tend to do. Also the lighting is boucing up and down which makes it look very weird. Anybody breathing that heavy will have distinct movement in the whole upper body.

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile
Is his neck too long? Also, I can't figure out the lighting. Hope your game has ninjas+pirates+robots+zombies since you already have
pirates and robots worked  in so far.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile
Is his neck too long? Also, I can't figure out the lighting. Hope your game has ninjas+pirates+robots+zombies since you already have
pirates and robots worked  in so far.

NinjaPirateZOmbieRobots even? :-[
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday
Yeah, like I said, the idle was quickly thrown together. I didn't move the head 'cause a pixel movement is way too much, and I'd've had to add another color to get it to smoothly subpixel shift. I'm trying to stay at 16 or less. I'm wondering if he even needs an idle animation or if he should just stay perfectly still and shift his weight every so often...?
Oh and I'll check out the neck length.

But does anyone have any comments on the metal? How to make it look better?

@ sharprm & Malor: lol. That's actually not a bad idea. Robot pirates vs. Zombie ninjas. Genius! :lol:

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

some timing helps this animation

Offline alkaline

• may be caustic
    • designflaw
    • awstenn
    • View Profile
the problem with your idling is that the movement is fast and not really accomplishing anything.

basically the idle is him breathing, right? well show the movement. i quickly made an edit but you could take it a lot further.

edit: helm's timing corrected the problem a bit.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 07:23:22 pm by alkaline »

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday
Yeah, wow, that fixes alot, Helm. I actually completely forgot about timing. :-[ Thanks.
Alkaline: What do you mean "Show the movement?" You made an edit? I'd like to see it please. :) Any help helps.

Offline alkaline

• may be caustic
    • designflaw
    • awstenn
    • View Profile
whoops

illustrate movement better. i didn't do everything but you get the idea.