AuthorTopic: Moustache Zombie and Little purple bat  (Read 7550 times)

Offline MateusThiago

• "I know the pieces fit"
    • View Profile

Moustache Zombie and Little purple bat

on: February 02, 2007, 05:54:16 am
Here's a little bat I've done to use in my game. I can only use 3 different frames to animate it and cannot make it any wider, and it will be viewed in game at 2x resolution. Crappy RPG Maker 2k limitations. I think his wings flapping is a bit strange, it doesn't really look like a bat flapping, but it makes him look funny.  :)   Say anything you feel like.

->      ->   

Now, a zombie I've also made for my game. Yes, he has a moustache, and I he's red cos I wanted him to be different, but maybe I picked too strong hues. And I also think I couldn't get his side view to look decent. It's a comedy game, so he's not supposed to look too real, just funny. In game resolution is 2x this and again, only 3 frames. Any comments are appreciated.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 11:42:01 pm by MateusThiago »
" This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality
Embrace this moment, remember:
We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion. "

Offline pixelsforhire

• http://heylookitsmatt.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
    • http://heylookitsmatt.deviantart.com/

Re: Little purple bat

Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 10:25:06 am
Super fast edit:

I think I made him look like a crab... hmmm, maybe you'd better stick with yours.

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 10:36:26 am
Well, with it's current wing movements it would be moving...backwards. Here's a fast edit:

(Only changed the wing movements, to show you what I mean. Black outlines were removed accidentally)

Offline Kame

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 12:37:23 pm
Well, with it's current wing movements it would be moving...backwards. Here's a fast edit:

(Only changed the wing movements, to show you what I mean. Black outlines were removed accidentally)
No, it shouldn't. Ever seen a bat fly? I've seen lots, they don't fly like birds, or smoothly at all. They flap their wings back and forth/up and down very fast and kind of flutter all over the place, like flies. They can glide as well, though, I think.

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 02:53:38 pm

No, it shouldn't. Ever seen a bat fly? I've seen lots, they don't fly like birds, or smoothly at all. They flap their wings back and forth/up and down very fast and kind of flutter all over the place, like flies. They can glide as well, though, I think.
http://www.fotosearch.com/DVA003/018-0049/
They hold their wings flat, you just never see a bat flying directly towards you, which makes it look like it doesn't fly like that.

Offline MateusThiago

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 03:21:29 pm
I don't know, Opacus, even though I like your flapping I think it wouldn't be as clearly visible ingame, since he's wings are only 1 pixel thick...
And pixelisforhire, yours is really looking like a crab hehehe... Thanks anyway!

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 03:29:36 pm
I don't know, Opacus, even though I like your flapping I think it wouldn't be as clearly visible ingame, since he's wings are only 1 pixel thick...
And pixelisforhire, yours is really looking like a crab hehehe... Thanks anyway!
You could make the colour very light/dark in comparison to the background so it stands out more. Or just make the wings thicker.

Offline MateusThiago

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 04:09:40 pm
Updated. It looks nice, but I don't know if anyone who looks will say it's a bat... maybe only because it's dark, I think... And will be used in caves and forests...  :D

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 04:11:27 pm
Looks much better imo. Much more realistic. If it's gonna be a platform game, you should make it
from the side view to make it more interesting.

Offline MateusThiago

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 10:47:34 pm
It's an RPG game. And I think although it is more realistic, it doesn't scream I AM A BAT as much... hehe