AuthorTopic: Gabriel [WIP][Nudity]  (Read 7411 times)

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Re: Gabriel [WIP][Nudity]

Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 03:52:44 am
Not to mention that Indigo asked for anatomy critique from Helm specifically, but anyways:

I like the foreshortening on the leg. But in general, the legs seem way too bulky. The hair looks quite cool so far.

[/pointless post]

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 03:54:40 am
there is nothing wrong with the points he mentioned.  I asked for them and he delivered.  Getting him to mention them, however, was quite the process. :P

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 06:50:09 am
Nice!  The only thing I'll add is that the highlights on his nose make it appear to have a slightly different axis than the rest of his head - one possible solution:

Keep at it!

Offline flaber

• Captain.
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 08:35:43 am
you mentioned you didnt really have an idea / direction for the wings

Not entirely sure this fits completly, or if this is what you were looking for...
but i did this up quickly for you as a suggestion for you.

(outer layer of feathers should be longer, but i forgot to change that)
The feather forms and such arnt clean, but i only meant to show you an idea to take it. a possible direction you may wish.
I can help you later on with the wings more once you start on them.
perhaps this might help.

ill come back and crit alittle later as it is late right now.
just wanted to get that wing up for ya
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 08:40:53 am by flaber »

Offline big brother

• herculeanpixel.com
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site

Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 05:30:10 pm
For composition, I'd watch out for bad tangents between the inner edge of the left (our left) wing and the curled fist. Also, the tiny sliver of negative space between the outermost edge of the right wing and the right fist creates unnecessary tension.

Offline vellan

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: February 02, 2007, 05:46:30 pm
some quick crit:

- his right thigh is just enormous. it really throws the entire form out of whack.
- his arms, specifically the forearms, feel a bit shorter than they should be
- right fist is ~2x bigger than the left fist and at an impossible angle (as mentioned by helm)
- also as mentioned by helm, i too cannot understand why his back calf/foot are so very tiny. I agree it comes off as a mistake rather than a style. The neck, on the other hand, comes off more as a style (though i do think it is too long).

To the people saying "don't list everything its WIP"...you post a WIP to get crit on everything....that is the whole point. When people see a piece like this that already looks amazing and has great potential, they want to help make it the best.

I am new here, but the quality of critique and desire to make people better is why i am here all the time since joining.

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: February 03, 2007, 04:42:21 pm
- his right thigh is just enormous. it really throws the entire form out of whack.
- his arms, specifically the forearms, feel a bit shorter than they should be
- right fist is ~2x bigger than the left fist and at an impossible angle (as mentioned by helm)
- also as mentioned by helm, i too cannot understand why his back calf/foot are so very tiny. I agree it comes off as a mistake rather than a style. The neck, on the other hand,

Yeah, I addressed a lot of these things with my line, but Indigo seems pretty stuck on keeping them the way they are. Oh well.

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #17 on: February 03, 2007, 09:31:46 pm
nah, stewlin... I'm only set on the thigh thing....  Most other crits are being adressed, as much as I can.  Update soon

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #18 on: February 05, 2007, 01:27:22 am
If you're gonna keep the thigh size, I'd recommend softening that quad definition line - that combined with the massive size makes it hard to read - almost like its two separate limbs or something.  I don't understand how you could have a shadow that dark on the top surface of his leg anyways with your lighting angle :P