AuthorTopic: Best Way To Get Better  (Read 2514 times)

Offline madartiststan

• View Profile

Best Way To Get Better

on: February 02, 2007, 12:25:58 am
I'm somewhat new to pixel art and I think the best way to get better is to keep on and keep going and practice, practice, and practice. So hit me with some things a beginner could pixel to get better. Meant to post in Challenge forums but could not post a thread there? :)

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile

Re: Best Way To Get Better

Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 12:32:36 am
can you draw/paint? that's a big plus when you start off pixelling. maybe try jump in on one of the challenges/activities? maybe start up a sketch book if you don't already have one and pixel the sketches you like best? you could even grab some lineart from the lineart exchange and colour it in. just start something, post it in the pixel art forum, and we can help you along from there.

the challenge forum can only be accessed by forum admins which is why you couldn't find a post button.
thanks Dogmeat!

Offline madartiststan

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 12:35:11 am
I've posted a graphic I made a while ago for my birthday which is "Fields...Show My Artist Skill" or so. Also, does that mean that none of the users at all can post there? Or will I have to have an admin put down a challenge for me?

Also, thanks for your help. :)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 12:37:36 am
Focus on your other graphic and the critique you get for it. This thread doesn't serve any purpose, especially in the 'Pixel Art' section, as most threads devoid of art usually don't.

There isn't any Challenge in becoming a better artist. There's a lot of challenge though, and we can help by critique and so on.