AuthorTopic: What should I read first?  (Read 5702 times)

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Re: What should I read first?

Reply #10 on: February 03, 2007, 05:43:05 pm
Rydin: yeah, it was probably Diced; he did that occasionally.

I don't really remember what I read first, but the threads I first posted in were the challenges (tesselation, multiple light sources, and flying animation).  Man, those pictures sucked XD

I think that if I were new here, the rules thread would be the first thing to read, followed by the Tools, Tuts, and Linkage thread.  Then whatever, I guess.  I read everything, so there's not really much prioritizing direction I can give to newbies.
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #11 on: February 03, 2007, 05:49:55 pm
The first thing i read was the KOS thread. I think collabs and competitions would be looked at alot by new guys, because it helps you understand the community and there's lots of different pieces to look at. I think i read the rules a few weeks after joining, heheh, but they weren't so obvious then.

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: February 03, 2007, 05:59:12 pm
Regarding the rules, I joined when the membership quiz was still in effect, so I knew what the rules were (despite the fact that, for the morally balanced and responsible of us, they are common sense) from when I first joined.  Speaking of the quiz, is it possible to have registration set up so that it either has a short rules quiz or at the very least, links you directly to the rules forum/thread when you register?  Seems to me that would help cut down on people not knowing the rules.
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.