AuthorTopic: Kitten Champion [WIP]  (Read 22431 times)

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile

Re: Kitten Champion [WIP]

Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 11:55:21 pm
hrm. i don't know how useful crits are at this stage because you tend to tweak alot after the first render correct?

anywho i feel like his hair and the banner shaft are AA'd too much and they sorta just blur into the background. for me his pecks read fine.
maybe try some selout? :crazy:
sorry, that was uncalled for.
his face could be redder.
thanks Dogmeat!

Offline khorin

• I ruled the forces that fueled your hate.
    • View Profile
    • Shizucor

Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 11:56:17 pm
Yeah, are those black dots his nipples? If so, they seem to be too far out. *shrug

I must say, excellent job on the fore-shortening but that leg seems larger compared to the left...that may just be me.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 12:05:03 am
It's not a tank-top, it's bandages around his chest to hold the banner up. The other end goes... into his pants.

anywho i feel like his hair and the banner shaft are AA'd too much and they sorta just blur into the background. for me his pecks read fine.

I'll keep this in mind when I do the last checks. I don't want too sharpy corners everywhere here, but yeah it might be too much.

EDIT:

CAN'T STOP

« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 12:13:32 am by Helm »

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 12:20:04 am
   Not a fan of the character design at the moment, though I'm pretty sure the generic-cat lover-everyday-joe was the angle you were going for. It took me a while to figure out those were bandages. They just don't read so well with me, for some reason. Obviously this isn't supposed to be an exact replica of the human form, so I'll leave at style recognition.

p.s....I hate cats. I hope the dog rips his nuts off...toodles!
my back hurts...

Offline pkmays

• dawn patrole mole
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 12:48:32 am

Pose seems kinda awkward. Tried to clarify that he's about to unleash on the mutt. Also grounded the foot for dramatic effect.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #15 on: February 02, 2007, 12:58:49 am
That is a very helpful crit, if only it was earlier in the thread. Still, I'll actually do the large stance edits simply because your version is so much better.

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #16 on: February 02, 2007, 01:17:23 am
The first thing that stuck out to me was the kitty banner...seeing the lines for it, I thought "man, that's going to look wicked", but then you went off and chose red and white for the colors...I suppose it's personal preference, and I would guess it's more accurate era/location (I'm assuming you're going for an oriental warrior look)...but I personally would try to give it a communist propaganda color theme, but again: personal preference.
Still on the banner, another thing that is slightly bothersome is the perspective of it;  it seems to face the viewer when it should be facing more in the direction of the warrior's head...though this may be me seeing wrong.
Just for the record, I'm not a big fan of the shadow the warrior is casting, though it may come together later--maybe something more dynamic than a blob.  I would also say that the guy's hair could use some work, too, though I think that's been established by others.
What I'm really digging is the composition...already, in such an unfinished state, there is an amazing sense of movement and tenseness, like a looming orchestra almost.
This should prove to be very interesting to see finished. Keep on pixelling!
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: February 02, 2007, 01:19:38 am
Each time I look at the sign with the kitten, I feel like it should be tilted a bit more to the side to face away from the viewer slightly more.

The highlight on the thigh seems too strong. I know my jeans don't shine like that.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #18 on: February 02, 2007, 01:21:06 am

back on track. Thanks lots, pkmays. I should know better than to go with the first sketch on action poses.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #19 on: February 02, 2007, 01:23:57 am
considering your going to redo the bandages i suggest an 'X' type formation.