AuthorTopic: some -[DOT] invasion- pixel art works  (Read 4359 times)

Offline marmotte

• View Profile
    • dot-invasion

some -[DOT] invasion- pixel art works

on: October 01, 2005, 03:53:31 am
hello everyone,

i'm marmotte from [DOT] invasion... maybe some of you will remember me, i posted some messages back in the pixelation days, though i was mostly a lurker than a poster ^_^

anyway, i just wanted to show you some samples of our works, mostly regarding pixel art (of course) and video games (macromedia flash, mobile gaming etc), i hope that you'll enjoy them...

...etc.

find out more of those here: http://www.dot-invasion.com/sprites/ebubbles/index.html
(actually the current page only shows about 1/3 of the art done on that project, we'll add them all soon)

of course, feel free do browse our sprites using the navigation at the top of the page ^_^

thanks for any feedbacks and your interest!

Offline Crazy Asian Gamer

• Guess who follows trends?
    • View Profile
    • CAG's NONEXISTANT Page... of DOOM

Re: some -[DOT] invasion- pixel art works

Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 05:41:30 am
The dino scene is really well done.  :D

The sprites, well, they're also very nice, though on the second one, I'd like to see some bouncing from the visor instead of just plain moving the eye... holes. Also, the second from the right, the sprite's going-into-smile transition, I believe, could benefit from uh, shape changing (?), instead of just sliding left a few pixels. Hopefully, you know what I mean.

So, is that a bloody sea, or a trail of magma? If it's magma, I think it'd look better with a few rock fragments here and there.

Overall, very nice work. I like it. Lots.

Offline Darion

• View Profile
    • Portfolio bitch

Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 04:44:49 pm
Very cool stuff, but that Meteor Busters game looks even more badass, and the soundtrack is great.

EDIT: Omg and the Kid Icarus-ish game. You just won another fan.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 04:53:20 pm by Darion »
@darionmccoy

Offline marmotte

• View Profile
    • dot-invasion

Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 01:22:30 pm
thanks for the comments so far!

Crazy Asian Gamer
thanks for the crits... yes this is magma, and your idea of adding some rocks fragments is great, i'll do some tests about that!

Darion
i always loved kid icarus myself... i hope that "forgotten myths" will be a great hommage to that classic...
also, "meteor busters" is closed to be finished ^_^

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 11:39:23 pm
Marmotte, You've always shown you have quite a diferent position towards pixelart than most here, quite frankly I always look fordward to what you might come up with next

You should post some scrreens rom Forgotten Myths and Meteors Busters, it's bound to atract more replies and I personally wouldnt mind a sneak peak at a Meteor Buster boss ;)