AuthorTopic: Sand Man - A work in progress.  (Read 6085 times)

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Re: Sand Man - A work in progress.

Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 04:56:37 am
thanks for the comments, here's an update:

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 06:33:23 am
Oh my word. Finally, a lady friend. Whelp, all I can see with the new woman is that her left leg looks as it's dislocated from her hip joint. I'm not sure if it's her "saddlebags"(or maybe it's her booty cheek?) that's causing this illusion. Also, her left shoulder kind of juts out a little too much for a normal female. It becomes a little dominant, if you ask me. Oh, and unless her elbow is immediately attached to her right boob, I don't think her right arm/elbow would be showing in that perspective. I find this kinda strange, seeing as how the male figure looked pretty good anatomically speaking. I'm guessing you are like the majority of us male pixelers, whom also have trouble with the figure of a woman?
   Any who, the general idea is ok, the way the two are positioned. However, wouldn't be logical to have him leaning on her if his leg is stepped up the way it is? He looks as if he is leaning away from her, kinda' like those 1st grade class pictures where you look at some little boy who was forced to stand beside a girl, but is leaning away from her during the picture. It still looks as if he is about to fall backward, or as if he was meant to be sitting on something. Maybe, since this is turning out to be a sand scene, he could be leaning up against or sitting on a rock formation, or possibly a small hill or tree. That would make more sense, given his position.
  I would say clean up some of the jaggies, but this is still very wip-ish, so I'm sure it will get cleaned up in the latter stages. Don't get me wrong, this is turning out wonderful, though. I'm a little tired at the moment, so that's all I can spot. Now Finish it, slave. That's an order...

Tata, and Ga' Night!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 06:36:18 am by The B.O.B. »
my back hurts...

Offline David

• View Profile
    • I Am Not Original

Reply #12 on: February 01, 2007, 06:48:36 am
I don't think the man's pose makes any sense at all in relation to his setting or his partner. It looks like he's sitting on an invisible horse at the moment. I don't have any idea where you could be going with this to have it all make sense, but I wish you luck. Oh, I should say that I really like the colors and sand effect.

Offline Joseph

• Shut up and pixel.
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: February 01, 2007, 08:04:30 am
it either looks like he's sinking in quick sand and she can't live without him, so she'll join him, or he's sitting on a rock.
otherwise I love every bit, even the horrible palette.

Offline Joel

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: February 01, 2007, 01:37:53 pm
They look as if they were on completely different angles, sort of..