AuthorTopic: New to pixel art, start of a tileset  (Read 3969 times)

Offline Vale

• View Profile

New to pixel art, start of a tileset

on: January 27, 2007, 10:41:43 pm
Well, I am very new to pixel art but I have looked at the forum for awhile. Today I thought I should probably start something so I begain a tileset. It is not that great but it is getting somewhere.
I've done small edits on sprites and stuff, but I am not good at picking colors.

Here's a little mock-up:

Here are some of the tiles:

I used very basic patterns and the colors aren't that geat. I tried other designs on the grass but I just couldn't get it to look that good. Any advice is greatly appriciated, anything will help my start at pixeling.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 01:21:56 am by Vale »

cryssy

Re: New to pixel art, start of a tileset

Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 12:36:50 am
Even though I am no good at tilesets...one day I hope to try *everyone run away :huh:*

The grass just jumps out at me like none other. The path is cool, the edges could be a little more rough(?)
It is just the grass doesn't match(?) the path more like the combining of 2 styles, maybe make little grass blades instead of blocks.
And please take the linking off the image so that when we try to zoom in we aren't bombared with new windows (ok maybe just me)

Offline Vale

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 01:22:57 am
Sorry about the links, didn't even notice them. As for the blades, I could never make decent looking blades of grass, I will try it though.
Thanks cryssy.

Offline gliding

• Um yea...
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 02:11:25 am
Hey its looking pretty cool so far. Although it looks a bit similar to a tileset i've seen before. Try breaking out of the mold and you might be supried at what you can accomplish.

Offline Vale

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 02:15:52 am
Hey its looking pretty cool so far. Although it looks a bit similar to a tileset i've seen before. Try breaking out of the mold and you might be supried at what you can accomplish.
Thanks Glide, this is Jace if you didn't know. I will post some more on the next update.

Offline gliding

• Um yea...
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 02:17:10 am
yea i know jace, i just figured you knew i knew lmao.

cryssy

Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007, 04:30:28 am

ok I suck but this is an idea
><