AuthorTopic: [POSITION FILLED] [PAID] Cutscene graphics for our 240×160 GBA-like game  (Read 2671 times)

Offline quackgyver

• I make retro games for astrojone.com.
    • Astrojone
    • Astrojone
    • View Profile
    • Astrojone
EDIT 2: The position has been filled. A big thanks to everyone who reached out!

EDIT: I've gotten feedback that the price seems kind of low. I agree, but the rules force you to set a price, so I have to put something down. I didn't really want to overpromise so I started with a low price, but it all comes down to estimates and discussions. Feel free to reach out for a discussion about estimates and pricing if you're interested in helping out with the project.

A 32-bit handheld adventure RPG
Release date: 4th July  2019

Hi. I'm quackgyver and I'm one of the people working on the game Zookeeper for the studio Astrojone.

Zookeeper is a comedic adventure RPG in the style of a Game Boy Advance-handheld game that is set in a zoo. It draws inspiration from games like Earthbound, Zelda and Pokémon.

Project
We've been hard at work on this passion project for over two years now, and as the game is nearing completion, we're looking for help from someone who can help deliver some of the most important graphics: the cutscene clipart.

The game's title screen, intro and ending will have animated still images of characters, objects and items (similar to the way that the Link's Awakening intro and the Oracle of Seasons/Ages intro is arranged).

As it looks now this is the current list of clipart that we need (all in 240x160px resolution):
  • Various backgrounds (a panorama of the zoo entrance, a big hand holding a ticket seen from first person perspective, a wall with a window, the same window in a broken state etc.)
  • The cast of characters with various expressions (happy, angry, surprised, looking up in awe etc.)
  • The final boss in various states (laughing, surprised etc.)

Payment
We've all been working on this project for over two years and have been paying contractors out of pocket (i.e. from our own paychecks). This means that we won't be able to pay like a big name studio, but at the same time we don't want to underpay. Our idea is to pay $10-30 per image (depending on size and scope), but we're also considering running a Kickstarter to help fund artistic efforts, which means that we could also make a deal based around an eventual Kickstarter success.

We're open to discussing payment ideas if you have any thoughts of your own, so nothing is set in stone.

Trust
We have a track record of being open, honest, transparent and fair, and we've always paid immediately. We can refer you to people that we've worked for in the past who can vouch for this.

Requirements
We have no requirements, and you can work remotely. The only thing that matters is the quality of the images.

Links
For more information, you can check out:
Contact
Get in touch with me via this thread, the e-mail form on the Astrojone website or Discord.

Looking forward to hearing from you to see if we can work together!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 11:19:44 pm by quackgyver »

Offline Odovedesign

• ODOVEDESIGN
    • BOOMCAKEART
    • View Profile
    • ODOVEDESIGN

Re: [PAID] Cutscene graphics for our 240×160 GBA-like game

Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 10:49:26 am
Hi there! I hope I can be of some assitance going forwards!

www.odovedesign.com
Oscar Dove - ODOVEDESIGN
www.odovedesign.com

Offline Tundrarich

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 01:20:28 am
Hello, I would love to work on this. I love animals and the style!
My portfolio is here https://www.deviantart.com/tundrarich
Feel free to contact me there or at tundrarichart@gmail.com
Thank you!

Offline quackgyver

• I make retro games for astrojone.com.
    • Astrojone
    • Astrojone
    • View Profile
    • Astrojone

Offline .foxel

• View Profile