AuthorTopic: Something i made tonight, and hello to all  (Read 12938 times)

Offline Chris_Alex

• View Profile

Something i made tonight, and hello to all

on: January 27, 2007, 08:22:01 am
Hello everyone...i made this tonight; Any tips?

Cheers, bye

Offline pkmays

• dawn patrole mole
    • View Profile

Re: Something i made tonight, and hello to all

Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 08:27:53 am
Lovely. Vibrant and colorful.

I don't think the fence posts need specular highlights. Also, the road is looking pretty plastic, needs some texture.

The eyes on the animal thing confused me at first, I think they need a dividing line. Specs on the tail are a bit overkill too.

You don't need to enlarge the images, as the board has a built in zoom feature.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 08:32:35 am
Bye? Leaving already? You just cot here! :)

This is pretty awesome.
I love the fence, but some differentiation between the side of the stakes and the top would be cool.
I don't like the way the flowers are arranged so checkerboard-like. It's cool andall, but the whole design of the grass just seems too neat for my tastes, I guess.
What's with the lines in the road?
The hearts don't really live up the the rest of the piece.

Holy crap it's 12 here. Goodnight.

Offline Chris_Alex

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 09:50:25 am
Hiya again

Pkmays: I tried to change most of the stuff you told me, you made some good points...though i had a pretty hard time with the texture...Failure or improvement? kinda liked the simplicity of the original though.
Xion Night: Ill whack those fences as soon as i get a chance, thats a very good point i think, though i liked the simplicity of it...about the flowers....umm dunno, what do you suggest? running out of ideas here :P The lines were supossed to be sort of bumps or folds in the ground....my crap attempt at texture one would think....and about the hears, you are probably right...maybe some nuts or just a plain bar.

thanks for the comments, keep em comming, so i can improve :D

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 11:15:39 am
It is better if you post a 1x zoom image, as the forum has a built-in zoom feature, and it will make edits by other users much easier :)  here is how I think the road lines might work better:

They look really weird curved up, as they make the road look bowed or raised in the middle.  Down seems to make it look...roadier...

Something I just noticed is your adorable main character kinda looks angry/mean - is that intentional?

Offline Chris_Alex

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 11:45:02 am
Adamatomic: That was driving me crazy, until you pointed it out, the lines were screwing up the perspective!, thanks for pointing that up.
About the char...well i didnt plan for it to look EVIL, but sort of badass or better said, "ready".

Im aware that theres a zoom feature, but i post it resized , because thats the intented resolution it should be viewed...though, i you make a fairly good point, so ill stop.

Heres something new...please continue the input on the images

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 11:55:51 am
are the arrow patterns in the dirt intended?

Offline dragonrc

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 01:07:17 pm
Adamatomic: That was driving me crazy, until you pointed it out, the lines were screwing up the perspective!, thanks for pointing that up.
About the char...well i didnt plan for it to look EVIL, but sort of badass or better said, "ready".

Im aware that theres a zoom feature, but i post it resized , because thats the intented resolution it should be viewed...though, i you make a fairly good point, so ill stop.

Heres something new...please continue the input on the images

I dunno, something looks kind of wrong on the animation, maby this fixes it:

(didn't edit the images, I only speeded up some frames)

Offline GOODNIGHTdestroyer

• Unf Unf.
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 02:40:48 pm
Can you please change everything to 1x?
And I am finally seeing that you were the one worth eating.

Offline Chris_Alex

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: January 27, 2007, 04:44:02 pm
Hello again:

Feron: Hi, you know i been staring at the screen for a while, and i just dont see any arrow patterns on the dirt....would you be so kind to point them out please?

DragonRC: Hey, thanks for the edit! i pareciate it, but its just not was im going for, i think it takes away character from the animation, but still thanks that would be the timing i would use on a walking animation.

Goodnightdestroyer: Sorry man, i already explained WHY it was posted at 2x, and that is because thats the native resolution it should be viewed, but like someone said earlier, it makes editing more dificult, and, i will post them 1x from now on....if you have suggestions o/and critique, i would update with a 1x image of the first post :), sounds fair?

Cheers