AuthorTopic: Magi Girl [WiP]  (Read 5637 times)

Offline Naso

• ...?
    • View Profile
    • My PixelJoint

Magi Girl [WiP]

on: September 30, 2005, 10:33:02 pm
well I am just working on this peace of pixel art and I am not going with the low color thing i want it 2 have a lot of colors and look nice so i made this.... but the thing that is really bothering me is the hair, and the skin pallet i just cant get a lot of shades for skin @_@ C&c very appreciated

« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 01:56:24 am by ..::Naso::.. »

Cheese Cake -naso

Offline G_Dragon

• View Profile

Re: Magi Girl [WiP]

Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 11:07:06 pm
Although you won't lower the colour count, I highly suggest you do. You don't need those many colours. Most of the shades are blending with eachother. Also, it makes it look like wasn't pixeled. For the skin, you may want to have 1 inbetween colour. And I can't really help you with the hair, because I'm not a master shader myself. But it also seems that the lightsource is dancing all over the place. Since the hair has light at the top, and the pants have light at our bottom right.

But onto the good stuff!
The character in the piece is very nice. She seems very animated and alive. The colours seem to work well with eachother, and even has a sort of digital painting feel.

Hope to see more from you!

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 11:59:06 pm
JPG isn't designed for displaying pixel art. It destroys pixel preciseness and makes the pic blurry. Once you've got this displayed as a PNG or GIF I'll give you some C&C. Also, the lineart is very familiar to me. Was there a reference?

Offline Pegucha

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 01:12:26 am
It's seems very familiar to me too.
There is an artist that had a style exactly like that. It seems I've lost the link but I remember it because of the distinctness of the style. Are you that artist? or perhaps it's coincidence? Either way this definatly needs a lot less colors!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 01:14:25 am by Pegucha »

Offline Alex

• clrclrclrclr
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 01:33:45 am
Naso has always been a fan of the magination world. We have learned that from the old pixelation. He tends to draw the characters and hyrens, both of a distinct style.
alexander

Offline Naso

• ...?
    • View Profile
    • My PixelJoint

Reply #5 on: October 02, 2005, 01:49:27 am
G_Dragon:  well yea i most like le wont change how many colors i have and i do think that i need them ( well not all of them ) but it doesn't matter if it doesn't look pixel-ed when it was  but thanks for the advice ( i might take some of it...might ) only 3 shades of skin!!!!!!!!!!!! oh my good r u crazy lol, i want it to have many colors like the others lol but that is hard because skin pallet it hard @_@. yea its OK u cant help me on the hair, hummm....yea the light source is kinda messed up but ill i have 2 do is not shade the back of the hair and its fine!!!

crab2selout.png: hummm yea ill change that right away =D, and yea its familer because i was drawn by Matt H. of the magi-nation art team, and yes i did ask him for permission 2 use em a long time go...quote: Naso: Hay dude do u mind of i redosome of your sketch's and pixel them? Matt: Yea, sure knock your self out kid end quote...so now i can use his drawing....wait only his magi drawing =D

Pegucha: just read above pegucha ^ , and why dose it need a lot less colors! maybe when I am done with this ill make it with as littile colors as possible =D

Alex: ......wow u have me all figured out hu Alex =D lol, but how about some C&c =P

Cheese Cake -naso

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: October 02, 2005, 03:14:07 am
not to be rude or anything, but i think you should chose which colors that you think you will need the most out of those lots, and restart...

it really wouldn't take that much time i think, and if you do that then it will be much cleaner, and i think won't be as hard to clean up when your finished wit the whole thing
EAT PUNAJI  BECAUSE IT'S GOOD AND TASTY

Offline Naso

• ...?
    • View Profile
    • My PixelJoint

Reply #7 on: October 02, 2005, 05:01:46 am
hummmmm.........yea i guess i weill restart then =/

ill get bac 2 u guys in like 3 days or so if i dont forget lol

Cheese Cake -naso

Offline Pegucha

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: October 02, 2005, 05:21:22 am
just read above pegucha ^
I'm unfamiliar with Magination. Is it some type of cardgame? You should have mentioned that in your first post and show what images you've based your sprite off of.

and why dose it need a lot less colors ! maybe when I am done with this ill make it with as littile colors as possible =D
pretty much what Zach said. There's nothing wrong with the way you've done the sprite but it's definitely unconventional. Learning to manage colors makes pixelling faster, less hectic, and returns a product of equal quality. I hope you do try something with less colors!