AuthorTopic: Bruce Lee  (Read 25546 times)

Offline junkboy

• jnkboy
    • jnkboy
    • View Profile

Re: Bruce Lee

Reply #10 on: February 04, 2007, 07:38:27 pm
Badass.

The grey folds on black pants look somewhat off, but it probably looks better that way then using the dark grey to highlight the pants.

... Yeah.  :lol:

Nice work!  :y:

Offline Madgarden

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: February 04, 2007, 11:06:09 pm
Ooh, I really like how you did those pants. The folds are great, and the wasteband. Too bad, as you say, the pants are black. Bruce wouldn't wear grey pants... just not happening. ;)

OK, I think this is my final stance update. I just can't stop tweaking the crap out of it. Hey, gotta learn somehow, right?

I've adjusted the stance to tilt the hips the way Bruce is usually seen doing, and adjusted the lead arm to help expose the lat a bit, and not look quite so bent.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #12 on: February 04, 2007, 11:12:20 pm
having highlights on the inside of the pants just looks stupid.  bruce lee wouldnt honestly care if you gave him grey pants with black shadows.

not many things are 100% black, highlights would appear grey like the following:

i suggest you look at junkboys edit again.

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #13 on: February 04, 2007, 11:18:55 pm
 That's a really good looking sprite. It would look better if you make him pose in the dragon stance. And keep that stance to looking correct. 

Offline Madgarden

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: February 05, 2007, 12:15:05 am
Feron, I suppose you're right. I'll play around with junkboy's ideas, but I'd like to keep the pants as dark as possible. All of the foreground objects will require black outlining and highlights to make them stand out from the background.

Andy, I'm more or less following this stance of Bruce's: http://ppc.warhawkenterprises.com/brucelee/brucerodtwobattle.jpg

I'm not sure what a "dragon stance" is, but I am familiar with a variety of stances (cat stance, horse stance, female stance, etc.) and none of the traditional kung fu stances really match what Bruce uses.

[EDIT]

Yea, those pants are really growing on me. Dang, looks nice. Now I have to figure out how to incorporate those nice folds into my walking frames...  :ouch:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 12:29:22 am by Madgarden »

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #15 on: February 05, 2007, 12:18:02 am
 What I really meant was a "suggestion". Heh, didn't have to use my advice.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #16 on: February 05, 2007, 12:21:43 am
Andy, I'm more or less following this stance of Bruce's: http://ppc.warhawkenterprises.com/brucelee/brucerodtwobattle.jpg

that photo's quality is not great - but they pants are toward the top, where the light hits them.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #17 on: February 05, 2007, 12:42:49 am
I'm not sure what a "dragon stance" is, but I am familiar with a variety of stances (cat stance, horse stance, female stance, etc.) and none of the traditional kung fu stances really match what Bruce uses.
[offtopic]Didn't Bruce make up his own style or something?[/offtopic]

This is nice.

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #18 on: February 05, 2007, 01:05:07 am
 Bruce's stance probably could be the bow stance. Doesn't matter. :D It's the guy's sprite, I'll let him decide to that.

Offline Madgarden

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: February 05, 2007, 02:25:00 am
Xion Night, Bruce's called his own martial arts way "Jeet Kune Do." His philosophy is to take what was useful to him and discard the rest. Anyway, his movie style isn't necessarily indicative of his "real life" martial arts methods, but they looked great on screen. :)

Andy, if you're going to continue on about the form of his stance, then at least show some pictures. Regardless, the stance I'm using is pretty much what you'd see in his movies, and that's what I'm sticking with.